• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stormy Tuesday

Chris Calohan

They Could Have Called it Stormy Monday, but Tuesday Will Just Have to Do

Infrared R72 Hoya Filter, f/22, ISO 40, 5 minute exposure

stormy-tuesday 2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris, I like the unusual look. The clouds behind have a special texture as they move during your 5 minute exposure. As a result, the horizontal width of this image now becomes more important.

E1E27212-1682-48C0-B5B6-9922F0FFD647.jpeg

Could you perhaps explore this setup further with the IR filter, (in another day with such clouds), but use a wider angle or stitching to get more of a panoramic view and celebrate the cloud Effect in a more expansive view?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am really looking forward to more of this. This is photography that really moves me as it’s as if ghosts are instructing us as to the beauty of ordinary things!

Asher