• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Strange Finding

Robert Watcher

A week ago I noticed this pair of shoes by a highway intersection. It was late in the day and I didn’t have my camera so figured I missed a photo opportunity. I passed this intersection again today on my way home from getting groceries, and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. This time I grabbed my wife’s iPhone 7 and pulled over to capture what I missed before. Not sure why they are there or why they are still there. I’m wondering if someone leaves their shoes on the corner before hopping in a car and then slips back into them when they come back

F118871A-E3CF-4CC5-83C3-DA636DB6F6B2.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When one commits a burglary, one doesn’t leave shoe prints. Or perhaps, the girlfriend doesn’t want COVID from his work carried into her home by her boyfriend!

Sure is a puzzle as these are in very good condition!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I just found out about this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandoned_footwear

I have come across many individual shoes, and I have seen my share of shoes tied together and tossed over electrical lines. This one was a first though - strange and mysterious because it was the pair of shoes almost strategically placed at the edge of the road near this remote intersection, sitting there for at least a week without being disturbed. One of those things I will never know I guess. But my goal wasn’t to know - it was to photograph it.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Any Python fan would know a shoe, or sandal, is a sign.
Of what, I don’t know.
Much like any burning bushes you might come across on any outing.