• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

sunil vaidyanathan (bombay based photojournalist)

I am a Bombay based photojournalist who specializes in covering people, cultures, and travel. My love affair with words and images spans a decade. I am currently working on a photo essay that explores the symbiosis between the rivers of India, and communities that live along it.

To see samples of my work please visit: http://www.riveryatra.com/portfolio/default.htm

To follow the course of the great Indian rivers with me please visit: http://www.riveryatra.com/home.htm

regards

Sunil

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Sunil!

Interesting that your "NEXT" is on the left. Perhaps that's an Eastern thing because of language written from right to left or is that just Arabic and Hebrew?

I really liked wandering around with you in the streets and meeting people.

You work makes things stop and has a sort of intimacy that I like. I do hope you will post your images here so that when your post appears the image is on the page. As you probably know, link by placing the image url between

As an example this picture, (which caught my eye because Antonio from Portugal has another that yours made me think of again!)

monkey-bull.jpg

© Sunil Vaidyanathan

117284623-M.jpg

© Antonio Correia

Antonio's work has struck me as more architectural sometimes and starly simple.

Anyway, by posting here, you also make it easier for people to see immediately what sort of work you do. Sometimes it is only that which then gets people to actually get to your own web gallery if that is what you would like to do.

Besides we have great photographers who have never been to India and your work serves as a kind of gateway.

I'd post in Travel and in Landscape as a start. I'd expect you have portraits you'd like to share too!

Glad you are here!

Asher