• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sunset Farmer

Robert Watcher

On our drive home last night, it took me a few minutes to put two and two together. In a untreed area along the road, I noticed a tractor working a field, but it was hard to make out many details. Along the North/south drive I had noticed the sun low in the sky to my right, adding some drama to the subtle clouds —- but the sun was far to the left of the direction of the tractor that I came upon - I would have had to stop immediately and shoot through the passenger side of the window - plus I was just wanting to get home. ALL REASONS FOR ME NOT TO TAKE A PHOTO.

I continued on for a mile until I got to the edge of our town, meanwhile my mind is thinking there may be a possibility of the tractor travelling far enough to be centered with the sun - if I got back quickly enough. Plus I could shoot through my driver side window from the other side of the road now. I had my camera in hand as I was driving and pulled over just in time to fire off 7 shots. I made sure I was exposed so the sky didn’t blow out. In fact I wasn’t even aware of the white flowered field (dandelions) that adds so much more interest, until I got the file opened up in Snapseed.

IMG_3367.jpeg