• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The 11pm shift

Paul Iddon

Just after 11pm last night I had a look around the darkness of the garden.

Nothing unusual of course, except maybe the little braconid wasp, and I only managed the focus on the ocelli rather than the near compound eye.
In addition, there was a tomocerus springtail, an opilione ( which I think is Paroligolophus agrestis ) and finally a very small candy stripe spider, sat on what could be a seed pod or something plant-orientated (to the eye I first thought it was a tiny snail shell, but it clearly isn't).

parastic_wasp_unknown_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Tomoceridae_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

aug_harvest_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

aug_harvest_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

candystripe_on_something_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:

Paul Iddon

Explain the last picture with the semi transparent sphere!!

Hard to explain...

The round thing is on the vertical side of the compost bin - and the spider stepped on to it (the whole photo was taken at a stupid angle and was difficult to get.

I think after studying it, that it is a fruit from a nearby flower that has fallen and in the wind landed where it did. It's almost like a blueberry (though they are blue) which is what leads me to think it's a fruit of some sort.

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hard to explain...

The round thing is on the vertical side of the compost bin - and the spider stepped on to it (the whole photo was taken at a stupid angle and was difficult to get.

I think after studying it, that it is a fruit from a nearby flower that has fallen and in the wind landed where it did. It's almost like a blueberry (though they are blue) which is what leads me to think it's a fruit of some sort.

Paul.
Perhaps!

…..with some slug-like creature inside??