• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Drummer

Chris Calohan

Jc-drummer-2 - Copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The 1/8 Sec was a great idea as we see movement! Perfect.

Bands or back up musicians are hard to photograph as the spaces between them.

Here you have come in close and I believe that’s far better an approach!

You bring in the passion and personal contribution of that person!

Asher

Steven Sinski

i'm never one to complain about iso2500. being able to use that in a club is like daylight. did you look a the lighting and could you tell if it was LED? depending on the type of LED set up it can make for some interesting effects. constant on or on/off recycle. the cycle is more abrupt on LEDs. no "ramping up and down" like incandescent lighting just on /off. strobing.

look at the fan blades in this image. engine not running just freewheeling in the breeze under the then newer general LED ramp lighting._D4A7371_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Can you show a range of your discovered effects or you no longer have that engine in your house, LOL!

Chris Calohan

Regular Fresnel stage lighting for these concerts...that venue was pretty much destroyed in Hurricane Michael. I regularly shot up to ISO 9600 and was able to control the noise factor quite easily.