• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Great Egret

Chris Calohan

To fly or not to be on wing? That is the question –Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer the stagnation of just sitting, or to take to wing and fly against a sharp wind, and by doing so, end this stillness?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The bard would be impressed!

What a superb use of clean brilliant white!

To thing its ancestors were ugly dinosaurs!

What makes beauty happen to our eyes?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very pretty image.

these white birds can be a real challenge to expose properly and keep good detail. Well done.
Well said, Robert!

That level of technique is exemplary!

BTW, I have seen so many “good” wedding photographers delivering books with blown out veils or lost detail on a brocade white dress when lighting for the grooms silk collared black tux!

Not only does such white have to be well exposed, but also one cant just send these shots to Boston to the automatic wedding book printers!

Asher

Chris Calohan

However, there is a technique you can use in your raw editor by using the curve adjustment and on a parametric setting, pull the middle of the curve down a bit...sometimes, I will pull the white down then give a very small shot of white back to the curve at the top. I find this works most excellently on getting veil detail.