• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Lagoon Seventy 8

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
78 feet of pleasure…

The very first images !
Another superb photo and video shoot for Lagoon…
With Romain Claris and the models : Ornella Verrecchia and Cedric Omont
With the great help of our preferred helicopter pilot Jeremy Lamalle

_NCK2944.jpg

Shot with a Pentax K1 (hand held from a dinghy, high iso!) Enjoy your night in the bay of Cannes

_NCZ3668.jpg

Let's keep zen before departure…

_NCZ3204.jpg

Enjoy!

More on my facebook page

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is a dream boat with a beautiful Catamaran design. Must be very stable but can go in relatively shallow waters! Do models at least get to have a short pleasure cruise?

Nicolas, a job well done by your team!

I know you work hard with Romain. These photographs are so pristine and spectacular. How come the name?

How much does such a fabulous boat cost? What engines does it have and how many can it sleep?

Is it ocean capable or just coastal?

Asher

nicolas claris

Asher
more info on this boat in English here and it's predecessor the Seventy 7 - sail version - there
On a catamaran there are 2 engines (one in each hull) so it would be very unlikely to have a breakdown for both in the same time!
Models are paid! It's a job, no vacation!

nicolas claris

This is a dream boat with a beautiful Catamaran design. Must be very stable but can go in relatively shallow waters! Do models at least get to have a short pleasure cruise?

Nicolas, a job well done by your team!

I know you work hard with Romain. These photographs are so pristine and spectacular. How come the name?

I don't understand your question…

How much does such a fabulous boat cost? What engines does it have and how many can it sleep?
Depending of equipement options between 2 to 3 millions Euros

Is it ocean capable or just coastal?

Asher

Yes, this one is at present crossing the Atlantic ocean, you may follow them on facebook there in French but also in English…

nicolas claris

_NCZ3668.jpg

The floor where the woman is sat is in fact a folding door which closed when cruising, it is placed in the owner's cabin :

porte.jpg

Asher Kelman

I wondered about the name of the boat, but I see it is the brand name from the company. Is there is personal name for the owners or is it still for sale?

The price is not too high, but I would have to sell my home, LOL and would need to learn to read the charts, LOL!

Asher

nicolas claris

I wondered about the name of the boat, but I see it is the brand name from the company. Is there is personal name for the owners or is it still for sale?

The price is not too high, but I would have to sell my home, LOL and would need to learn to read the charts, LOL!

Asher

It has a name now, but I don't know which…
No need to read a chart, it's all electronic now!
Also you better hire an engineer : ) or even a skipper, on such boats there are usually 3 crew, skipper, mechanist and mate… The owner is their to relax not to maintain the boat.

Asher Kelman

It has a name now, but I don't know which…
No need to read a chart, it's all electronic now!
Also you better hire an engineer : ) or even a skipper, on such boats there are usually 3 crew, skipper, mechanist and mate… The owner is their to relax not to maintain the boat.

What will the engineer have to do all day? They will need another girl to talk to!

Have to ask Emile!

How steady is a CAT like this on rough water compared to a monohull with a weighted keel?

An advantage of a new boat like this is that one doesn't have to immediately upgrade and repair this and that!

Have you sailed in this particular boat?

I especially like the owners suite with the door that opens to a platform with a meditating model! This seems to be the height of luxury! What a life!

Asher

nicolas claris

What will the engineer have to do all day? They will need another girl to talk to!
Maintenance! Engineers are there to work, they aren't on holidays…
How steady is a CAT like this on rough water compared to a monohull with a weighted keel?
Cats are NOT heeling, though they can be shaky in rough weather. But on this size of boat (78 feet long), you can leave a bottle on the table… (unless in a storm)
An advantage of a new boat like this is that one doesn't have to immediately upgrade and repair this and that!
Hmmm, well, It's a vey sophisticated boat with sophisticated equipment: high maintenance needed every days!
Have you sailed in this particular boat?
Nope, not really, but beside of it on chase boat, yes!
I especially like the owners suite with the door that opens to a platform with a meditating model! This seems to be the height of luxury! What a life!
That's a real treat!