• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: the movie : Gilles Jonemann

romain claris

pro member
poster

Hello,
and here is the poster !

gilles_sculpteur.jpg

http://www.romainclarisfilm.com/gilles_fr.php

thanks Doug for you kind words !

have a good week-end

romain

www.romainclarisfilms.com

Hello,

just want to share my last video work, a 23 minutes movie about the creator of jewel Gille Jonemann.

Hi Romain,

High quality documentary. Having seen some of your earlier work, it seems like it is a new area for you, but this video makes it look like you have lots of experience already, and a big crew. I love the camera angles and lighting. Thanks for sharing.

Bart

romain claris

pro member
about lights colors framing

by the way, the film was shot with natural light, for interior and exterior -
i've tried to add light in the workshop but it appears that it was destroying the ambiance and atmosphere. video needs also some work as colorist and for the exterior shot i used some filters to give more contrast and deepness and the temperature of colors is turned a litlle to yellow.

about framing it was important to be as close as possible from the jewels, to work with the deph of filed can give some volume. most of the time it is a fixe frame, cause the movement came from the interior.

it was a 4 day shoot for 8 hours of footage and around 15 days of post-prod
there are still few mistakes in the subtitles they will be corrected before the dvd coming soon : )

http://www.romainclarisfilm.com/gilles_fr.php

have a good week end

romain

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A Very Important Film to Orientate out minds and hands towards art.

Hi Romain,

This film is remarkable for it's fascinating content but also for it's story telling fluidity. We see things and then revisit them again in a myriad of ways and so get a multidimensional insight into the heart, mind and talent of this artist of jewels.

At no time during the film was I tapping my fingers waiting for the next relevant information to arrive. It's totally engaging and inspiring. The artist work will outlive his life and many to come and that indicates work of a special character and class.

You have done a stellar job of reducing all the many hours of your interviews and observations into an enjoyable film. This is a work of yours I will treasure!

Asher

To everyone else:

I recommend this to everyone who wants to have an idea of what makes art:

• Imagination
  • Openness to new experience
  • Ability to see things as they might be in new circumstances
  • The aesthetics of natural and man-made shapes
  • Balances and tensions possible by color, texture, shape or different mass effect
  • Interaction of art with the milieux in which it will be shown
  • and of course, much much more that you can add!

romain claris

pro member
hello Asher,
thank you for your comments. I'm glad you liked it. it has been a long project to lead alone, (started in february) if the result is fine it also because we talked a lot with Gilles about how to show things. it has also been a lot of work about audio mix ! now is time to meet some producers and present them this movie, cause I have another portrait in mind...
best regards
romain

romain claris

pro member
Hi Romain,

High quality documentary. Having seen some of your earlier work, it seems like it is a new area for you, but this video makes it look like you have lots of experience already, and a big crew. I love the camera angles and lighting. Thanks for sharing.

Bart

thanks Bart,
I'm honored you liked it, I'll let you know about festivals and broadcast, which is another job.
best regards
romain

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Romain

Sorry for being late coming into this but I've been really busy and didn't have time to watch it until today, I've finally finished processing a whole load of work and had a few minutes so I took a very enjoyable break to watch your film.

Firstly you have hit on another fascination of mine, whenever I'm on a beach or in a forest, or out on the moors I'm always picking up bits of "treasure" my pockets always have shells, pebbles, seed cases, bits of fishing wire/net, when it's my birthday and I'm asked what I would like, I have on several occassions asked for a small drill to make holes in my "treasure" to make them into earrings and necklaces, I'm still waiting for a drill!

Anyway I digress, your film fascinated me, beautifully shot, I loved the natural light which emphasised the "Alladin's Cave" feel of his workshop (how I would love to rummage in it!), the tantalising glimpses of the model wearing his jewellery, the gentle music, everything about it works so well, very well done!

The next time I go to one of my favourite beaches I shall gather up a load of "treasure" and may well contact Gilles to see if he would make something for me. Thank you for sharing this with us.....

romain claris

pro member
Dear Janet,
thank you for your answser, i am very happy you liked the movie ! it has been a long project and the dvd is coming soon, i let you know about festivals selections.
best regards
romain

Dear Bart,
thank you for your comment
of course there is a mistake it is 'sculptor', give me 3 hours...
thank you !
romain

Hi Romain,

No problem, you just had me wondering since it was spelled 'sculpteur' as I expected in the video titles.
Hope you caught it before printing the poster.

Cheers,
Bart

romain claris

pro member
dear Bart,

here is the poster with the corrections
i put more contrast and a little more of red in the flowers too. i found this picture interesting because of the balance between nature and person, as it is said at the end of the film, i like the way the object which seems fragile is in between, I have to asy that even it is a 23 minutes film it is very difficult to find one picture which symbolizes and shows and makes curious, i like the way we don't really know what is.
thank you again again for your look
romain

gj400ok.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

I just had the chance to watch the documentary. Very well done! I am impressed Romain, you are making all of us proud :).

Cheers,