• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Things

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wolfgang,

Yes! You have boiled down to the essence!

@ Everyone else, look here at Wolfgangs unique contributions to our Zen collection!

Asher

Jerome Marot

No, I meant move the left-hand group a bit further from the right-hand object. This could be done in photoshop, for example. But, as I wrote: "maybe". We could try that, as a discussion on composition. Whether it would work better is not the objective, but rather finding out why it works or not and what is the effect of minimal changes on a rather minimal composition.

We would need Wolgang's agreement, of course.

Asher Kelman

No, I meant move the left-hand group a bit further from the right-hand object.....

We would need Wolgang's agreement, of course.

I never thought of that possibility, Jérôme!

I am happy to see that you can present new possibilities and that we have enough folk like Wolfgang who are open to such feedback!

You do this forum a great service by honestly approaching the picture with intent to appreciate it AND to attempt to understand how it might be working.

Asher

Jerome Marot

Thank you.

Now, I find the two pictures extraordinary interesting, because the difference is so small, yet it changes a lot. I don't think that the second picture is any better, but it sure is different. What do you think?

Please note that you were also a bit further away.

Funny how we all may perceive how to compose differently. I see this, with the two overlapping bowls overlapping the mesh one and then a crop on the two much wide space that would leave. I could show here, but of course, not without permission.

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi!

It's one of my principles, that I change my pictures myself, except when I decidedly declare it free for manipulations, sorry for that.

Based on this picture, I just opened the space between the two bowles at the left and the basket digitally with photoshop approximately twice as the distance from the outer left bowl to the left edge of the picture.
... so the width grew a little bit ...

Hi!

It's one of my principles, that I change my pictures myself, except when I decidedly declare it free for manipulations, sorry for that.

Based on this picture, I just opened the space between the two bowles at the left and the basket digitally with photoshop approximately twice as the distance from the outer left bowl to the left edge of the picture.
... so the width grew a little bit ...
That's alright, Wolfgang and I hope you were not insulted, I think it looks great anyways. I just had a different idea, but hard to explain with just words.

Asher Kelman

That's alright, Wolfgang and I hope you were not insulted, I think it looks great anyways. I just had a different idea, but hard to explain with just words.
That’s why we all choose different careers and partners in life and even change our minds!

Imagine if someone told my wife she could do better? Just because that’s true doesn’t mean I am going along with it, LOL!

Still folk look and imagine!

Asher