• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: There are no angels.

fahim mohammed

Consider it a reading and comprehension homework for your class.

On the other hand, it just might be a bit dense for you to comprehend. Seeing you have to ask such a stupid question.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I start from the standpoint of respect for humanity, goodwill to all and the inherent rights of all of us to conserve, each his own culture according to his conscience. I believe we must engage our enemies to dialog and coexistence, not conversions. Still, first and for most is the reminder every time we read news, that all people are humans and all deserve respect, compassion and their own meters of space. We have no duty to sacrifice our own children in defense of others nor to kill others in order to expand hegemony. Still we can be compassionate and give relief to the oppressed as long as we don't end up killing even more in the process. Then, let the chips fall as they may.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Consider it a reading and comprehension homework for your class.

On the other hand, it just might be a bit dense for you to comprehend. Seeing you have to ask such a stupid question.

This would be far too difficult for my lowly students to get their head around, Fahim. They are mere working class sods from the suburbs with little worldly experiences and even less interest in such.
As for myself, you are correct, as usual, which must be very satisfying for you. I am more than a bit dense and your level of understanding of the world is also beyond my comprehension. I will return to my place and consider myself spoken to harshly in regard to my stupid questioning.

fahim mohammed

This would be far too difficult for my lowly students to get their head around, Fahim. They are mere working class sods from the suburbs with little worldly experiences and even less interest in such.
As for myself, you are correct, as usual, which must be very satisfying for you. I am more than a bit dense and your level of understanding of the world is also beyond my comprehension. I will return to my place and consider myself spoken to harshly in regard to my stupid questioning.

To be honest, no! Such a discourse is not at all satisfying for me; it leaves a bad taste in my mouth..for a while. Then I realize that there are much, much, more important things to occupy my mind.

I chew on a gum, close the chapter, the book and move on.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
What a waste of good spirits this thread is.

In what way, Jerome? I'm always missing things where the point is obvious to some and not to me. Wallowing in my own ignorant bliss can be a distraction at times.
I crave your indulgence so I might be more enlightened.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In what way, Jerome? I'm always missing things where the point is obvious to some and not to me. Wallowing in my own ignorant bliss can be a distraction at times.
I crave your indulgence so I might be more enlightened.

Tom,

I really doubt that there are many conundra that you can't unravel! I doubt you've ever wallowed in ignorant bliss, rather you choose what to worry about! Otherwise you'd be an outcast in the NT, even with your ute!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It is a waste when people who should appreciate each other for being different end up calling each other stupid.

In Fahim's defense, Jerome, he didn't call me stupid. He suggested my question was, which is simply a matter of opinion. As I do ask stupid questions from time to time, I agreed with Fahim, knowing full well that this could be one of those ocassions.
My inquiry was in relation to a seemingly unrelated article to the contents of this forum. On having read further, I did notice that Asher has provided a place for people to post such articles, although I can't for the life of me figure out why. Maybe it is to get under the fingernails of people such as myself and have a dig at people such as Fahim; an appropriate way of recognising differences, I think: different people; different opinions. Yes?
I also think its a bit of a shame such a thread cannot serve the suspected purpose for which it might serve; to provoke responses from a divertity of members. There is a tendency for most members here to swim around the rapids. I am a member here as much as anyone. I have strong opinions on many matters as we all do. My reactionsand words may not necessarily conform to the etiquette of others but they are as valid as yours, Fahim's or Asher's. If I ask a question such as I did here it is to provoke an answer which will assist me in understanding the differences you mention. Unfortunately, the response I get doesn't always help me.

So, in my defense of my own ignorance, why has the original link been posted here in a photo forum?

Photography as a media and artistic expression is a media that has always being related into transferring (Kappa?) or altering (flags of our fathers?), but always influencing the absorption of political decisions to recipients.... Although this doesn't influence the magnitude of the result (the picture) as an artistic impact and hence the benefit for the producer.... surely the ethics (much related to the result on how recipients ...receipt and what is the political impact to society, which becomes a history result)... should be of our concern! Theodoros.