• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thread about the update.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, you have done, exactly that! Thanks Jerome!

So far I have been able to link images from vimeo but not my old ones and that could be that I haven't paid them in some time unless it was an auto renewal!

Here is a picture from the recent Art Show at the Barkar Hanger Los Angeles, Simply click on the icon 10th icon in the dialog box and enter the url of the image. Works immediately.

_DSF4996_from RAW ACR.jpg

Asher Kelman: Girl with Red Braids

Fuji GFX 32-63 Fujinon Lens Avaialble Light
Note: if you change Font Color, use Italic, you have to change back.

Suggestion, Do all your typing then go back and format local areas selectively!

One can drag the corners to resize, and that is neat!

Asher Kelman

Found Font Size, its Icon #8 above!

Table is convenient but flummoxed how to change the cell sizes! Undo doesn't seem to apply!

8x10$400$400$120
11x14$1200$1600$260
16x20$3200$2100$350

??????????????

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Congratulations! It is UP. I know there are many wrinkles to be unscrambled, but youse guys (that's the return if the deprecated second person plural) did it.

As to the font size, do you mean when composing a post? There is a button for that in the toolbar (button 8).

Best regards to you and the team.

Doug

Asher Kelman

Please find images and videos to post but don’t attach files yet as we need to formulate permissions as to who has access to your image files we will store on OPF. We will be able to host images and we are now working on the philosophy, security and structure. In any case you will control permissions as to what the public sees.

The forum will be funded at least 9 years ahead and the image data base longevity I have to find out about. I do not know yet if I can pay ahead of time. Video brings special security problems. So, video will never be stored on OPF, but can be seen here very easily.

Nicolas has given me a lot of time in guidance, which I always appreciate. Sébastien kindly did a backup of the vB version and even migrated it to vB 5 so we could be sure to access anything that had trouble migrating to the Xenofo forum platform.

I have hired two software engineers expert in moving from vB to Xenofo, one, (AKA, Slavic in the U.K.), for getting structure as close to “OPF Classic” as possible and other Russ, (in the USA), who is handling the “style”.

Once we are up and running we want to know about all the bugs and quirks you can discover. Post them here!

Once we are stable, we will have a second phase upgrade with all the planned and promised enhancements!

Thanks for your forbearance and support!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Same for me, I had to register as a new member…
Although I can see my name in the Member's list… :

I did not register a second time. I simply logged in using my name an old password and got access. But then, the new forum appears to think I joined this week (probably at the date it was populated with members).

Jerome, what do you mean? When I registered my password field show dots only (unless one click on the view button)

I mean that the whole forum does not use https, even when transmitting login password.

Asher Kelman

I am not sure. But hopefully we will be online tomorrow and can assemble a list of corrections.

We could check on our ftp3 server as to whether or not the ZF version of OPF is hosted there. If not it’s on the local server of Xenofo in the U.K. I am officially asleep, so I can’t check.

Asher Kelman

Here's a video hosted by Vimeo.
Enjoy!

I am so pleased that you campaigned for videos. This is spectacular and so well worth all the effort!

Kudos to Romain, Marine and you for this amazing story. I love the sweeping camera movements and the dramatic transitions!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Testing out. I was able to log in as before. With the same concern as before - related to logging in —— are you going to be securing this forum with https (ssl)? Nice to see a more modern software.

Asher Kelman

Welcome back, Robert!

I have my long encryption machine files and just have to purchase the certificate and that should be done in the next few hours or so.

Please read my notes above about the new order in formatting. First complete all the text and image placement and then select local elements to enhance by text or position editing as usual as there is no “[/“ function. And any “[“ formatting instruction applies to every letter you type going forward!

Robert Watcher

Welcome back, Robert!

I have my long encryption machine files and just have to purchase the certificate and that should be done in the next few hours or so.

Please read my notes above about the new order in formatting. First complete all the text and image placement and then select local elements to enhance by text or position editing as usual as there is no “[/“ function. And any “[“ formatting instruction applies to every letter you type going forward!

(y)

Asher Kelman

OUTAGE: For a few minutes, at 12:27 am approx California Time, the forum was non-responsive to clicking links. That is now resolved after I pointed it out to our techs, but I am not sure they did anything to intervene.

So report any occurrences like that.

Just a quick word to say I'm happy to see that OPF is back online, with some bugs to iron out. I don't really have time to see if I can find more as we have had so much snow lately, that I'm off again
to shovel. Yes, you may pity me as it feels like I've already shoveled the equivalent of a small mountain and it is not over. I'll drop in later this evening! Great to see that it's on its way back though.
:) Maggie

Asher Kelman

Please post your enhancement requests, LOL!

Antonio was promised choice of a dark b.g. to show of pics to his liking.

Make your own requests please!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Special for Antonio Correia!
I created a different layout with dark background…
I'll have to dig a bit more but it works…
Some other people may prefer this layout…
On the bottom left of the page, where you see in the lower bar click on "The Open Photography Forums" and choose Dark:

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

? I love the new DARK B.G. Nicolas has given as a choice! Click on the lower left to get that preference!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I can see that the black is here. Thank you Nicolas. I am sure soem other people will be using it.
You have been doing an excellent work ! Congratulations !
Cheers ! :)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I love the new DARK B.G. Nicolas has given as a choice! Click on the lower left to get that preference!

At the lower left where? What thing should I click on? Just the lower left corner of the frame?

Oh, I see. Where it says The Open Photography Forums.

Oh, I see that is the name of a Style.

Neat.

I'll pass on the black background.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Please post your enhancement requests, LOL!

Antonio was promised choice of a dark b.g. to show of pics to his liking.

Make your own requests please!
Oh, a dark b.g. sounds wonderful. I would like that too. I see that Nicolas Has posted a Vimeo video. Are we also able to post youtube videos also? If yes, I will post one to test

Asher Kelman

Oh, a dark b.g. sounds wonderful. I would like that too. I see that Nicolas Has posted a Vimeo video. Are we also able to post youtube videos also? If yes, I will post one to test
Yes, you can post as many as you want, but not Google as I think there service will stop/ charge, but there’s apparently some issue.

Adding media is very, very fast as no coding is needed.

Remember don’t format until you have complete the text and image/video content. That way you never have to “end” the formatting instruction as in [/Center] or [/Color].

(But if you decide to format as you go, then you have to keep changing the current instruction!)

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

At the lower left where? What thing should I click on? Just the lower left corner of the frame?

Oh, I see. Where it says The Open Photography Forums.

Oh, I see that is the name of a Style.

Neat.

I'll pass on the black background.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug
You could have another option if you like. Govto tgr Cambridge Color website. They offer a palette of choices. If there is one that is perfect for you, we will provide it!

Asher Kelman

What’s nice is one doesn’t need any code. Check the picture: if you click on it you can zoom in.

When you post an image click on theccorners to drag to the size you want!

Fabulous! ?