• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tour Of Somerville.

Steven Sinski

the TOS is the oldest bicycle race in the US. it is run every Memorial Day. Multiple Levels up to Pro. this is the last race of the day 43 laps 1.2 miles each criterium style so it is fast. this image is the finish shot.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Did you ride in it this year?

I just looked it up:

“The Tour of Somerville is an annual, three-day series of bicycle races held in and around Somerville, New Jersey during Memorial Day weekend. The featured Memorial Day event, the Kugler-Anderson 50-mile race for professional and elite cyclists is the oldest competitive bicycle race in the country, having first been run in 1940.[1] The event has become known as "The Kentucky Derby of Cycling" and draws international Olympians and top cyclists from around the world. It was known as predominant cycling race in America from the 1940s through the 1980s.[2” Wikipedia”

Steven Sinski

i'm a little past prime for this year?. back in the '80s though and in the cat 2/3 class. I wasn't a prime competitor though. more of an "also ran". still got the bike frame though I used. I was then hired to start shooting it for Coors and the Killians Irish Team. i have a "few" slides from those days. I live approx 5 miles from the town/course

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Something strange about the original you posted as it behaved as if it has a protective (but invisible), top layer so it can’t be downloaded. So I did a screen capture and trimmed it back exactly to the edges and posted it in my response above!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Steven

Really great shot.

Carla's daughter (her eldest surviving child) lived for many years in Raritan, N.J., right next to Somerville.

Best regards,

Doug