• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Towards ZEN

There are so many temples in Kyoto, I can't remember which one this was… Shame on me :(
As for the geisha, she may not be one as in Spring, a lot of juvenile girls do wear the traditional suits :

Rues_NCK7539.jpg
Oh, how cool. I had simply assumed. I didn't know about this spring tradition. :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
308FDC8F-F556-48D8-95B8-EE4A857FBEB4.jpeg

Nicolas,

Your picture is extraordinary with one red bottle holding it from total abstraction.

That creates a tension, preventing us getting totally lost!

How large is the print?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Nicolas,

Your picture is extraordinary with one red bottle holding it from total abstraction.

That creates a tension, preventing us getting totally lost!

How large is the print?

Asher
Asher
That picture of a peony has been printed (and exhibited last year within "Un peu de rouge, pourtant") 140 cmx105 cm. It could be printed even larger (thanks to MF camera), one of the petal being perfectly sharp.
The red "thing' is the pistil, not a bottle! LoL!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A "cloud catcher" from over eight years ago.

7CDDF6D9-F02C-4C78-8BA0-B4B7E4DDF347.jpeg

Tom,

This is beyond extraordinary: so simple, detailed but apparently meaningless, yet open to infinite reading! Bravo!

In a way it’s akin to Tom Dinning’s extreme nothingness with perhaps something to find, in his post above!

But yours is a far more familiar starting point for thought!

Asher