• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

under the bridge

James Yu

took this shot yesterday... :)

4690214012_165a2de8f4_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
took this shot yesterday... :)

4690214012_165a2de8f4_b.jpg

O.K. James,

You have got our attention. What have you done to this bull! He seems to have a blue halo and almost not belong in the background. How was this out of the camera? I gather you put your camera over a fence or else you were stoned enough to get dangerously close!

Asher

James Yu

Thanks. I like to push myself to get interesting photo. This not a bull. The local name is "carabao" he not that dangerous, he help the farmer plow the field. Normally, they are silent and docile, but they will give a trembling snort if they are surprised.

Since the carabao has no sweat glands, it cools itself by lying in a waterhole or mud during the heat of the day. Mud, caked on to its body, also protects it from bothersome insects.

The carabao eats grass and other vegetation, feeding mainly in the cool of the mornings and evenings. In some places of the world the carabao is a source of milk just like the cow, or it may be slaughtered for its hide and its meat.