• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Using a 360 degree Panoramas to "break-out" and discover new framing possibilities

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Using a 360 degree Panoramas to "break-out" and discover new framing possibilities

I'm impressed with new vision opened up by making 360 degree panoramas. This comes from a current thread by Valentin Arfire here.

Castelldefels is a town near Barcelona with a nice beach;
I hope you enjoy those livepanoramas I took some days ago

http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/castelldefels-p1/

This is a nice pano to explore. It also allows one to study at home, in the comfort of one's chair, with a cup of good tea, the possible compositions one might have.

I like this way of exploring and wish we could have our little orb on a walking stick, set it up and let it do its thing and walk on and at home explore further.

I imagined I had done such a walk and found this beach scene of yours:

Uncut copy.jpg

Valentin Arfire: "Beach at Castelldefels" selected from original live pano ADK

I really like the view as it is as if the scene was on a large canvas sail, filled by the wind. The electronics on the right connects us to this century.

adjusted and cropped in Photoshop:

Uncut_copycrop.jpg

Valentin Arfire: "Beach at Castelldefels" selected from original live pano and adjusted in PS ADK

There's a valuable synthetic opportunity for creative work starting with your panoramas constructed from so many pieces. One might, perhaps, obtain points of view that go beyond the psychological restraints of our habit and usual choices governing our framing a scene with a single still frame.

This could provide a way from "breaking out" of one's way of doing things to look at scenes in a different manner. Then perhaps, armed with new ideas, one might return and take that picture under perfect conditions with the correct lens in just one or two very well placed frames.