• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Color Virtual Vacation in Chicago!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am following Fahim Mohammed's great idea of looking back in my files. These are from 2009, a trip to Chicago which seared in my mind how much fun kids have with just a few inches of water!

080CAFE3-7252-4674-8E9F-DF64EEE17D82.jpeg

The water bubbles up all over the plaza between giant paving stones, probably granite. There is about 2” of water. It’s enough to mesmerize kids with their reflections and create a trail with their feet or a kids bicycle!

Slides of folk around Chicago, representing all sectors of life are projected behind glass blocks in a towering building for that purpose with water constantly flowing over it.
There is also a fountain coming out of the wall at the position of the “mout of the person shown!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chicago has sufficient space to be able to stand back and take some fabulous pictures.

Everywhere there a beautiful scenes of striking architecture of so many different styles that are good to each other in creating an overall surprising harmony y despite sudden difference in style and attitudes of the structures!

79ADB160-6E49-48FF-B9F0-D6DF14FEDDCF.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Cauldron of Styles!”
Canon 5D Mark II, Chicago 2009

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. It’s made from 3 sequential images stitched in Autopano Giga from RAW files processed in Photoshop CC 2020

Asher

James Lemon

Chicago has sufficient space to be able to stand back and take some fabulous pictures.

Everywhere there a beautiful scenes of striking architecture of so many different styles that are good to each other in creating an overall surprising harmony y despite sudden difference in style and attitudes of the structures!

View attachment 5135

Asher Kelman: “Cauldron of Styles!”
Canon 5D Mark II, Chicago 2009

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. It’s made from 3 sequential images stitched in Autopano Giga from RAW files processed in Photoshop CC 2020

Asher

I like the perspective and the composition is well balanced! What about a B&W mood