• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Visit my STOCK please

Don't know if someone is reading this, but I want to post an image I like.
thanks, leonardo...

B5D91W.jpg

Nicolas, this is another image of the same lock, it is very old and has a "door" that swings away from the key hole. The image is close up and stitched with a Schneider 135mm, a SINAR/Mamiya with the shift adapter...

B57W7A.jpg

This is another concept I'm working on with the same lock...

lock_concept.jpg

All Images © Leonardo Barreto 2007-2008 : All rights reserved

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Leonardo

thnaks for these infos, but for once I was asking more about the concept and mind that drove you to shoot this lock… There could be many…
Or is it an image for stock, food for illustrators "artists"…

All of the above. I like machines, looking in to details of things, so here there is not a lot about the concept more that exploiting the iconic reference of a very old lock. If you think about it, the contemporary world is full with references to the keyhole shape, same as when we talk about "debugging" a computer we refer to an actual bug that was inside one of those room size tub ones.

Then on the other side, I'm working on concepts related to success, as in opening a lock.

I am working as a image manufacturer as my main occupation, most of you may know, because I am in Bolivia and have no work visa, so, it is like any other field, you have to dig in the mine, take a few tons of rock and dirt until you get to the rare metals ... if you get there.

I have been told that I'm mining in an exhausted mine, and it may be, but I'm a miner, what can I do but mine?

PS, sorry, jut until now I understand that when you said "what is behind the lock" you meant not fiscally behind... sorry

Cem_Usakligil

Ok, but you have to say something critical about them... here is my official request for comment and criticism ...

The Idea Truck or Ideas To Go I did like a year ago -when procrastinating to get past QC- with my Fuji S2 and a PC Nikkor 85mm Macro lens (Tilt/Shift) I just loved my kid's truck and had to shoot it. I wired the bulb and balanced it with flash...

Ideas_to_go.jpg
Hi Leonardo,

I had promised I would come back, so here I am. Better late than never, huh?

Firstly, I like the "idea" a lot and the execution is very good. Where did you hide the wires? Or did you erase them in PS? The exposure of the tuck is a bit too dark IMO, but I assume you did not want to make the lightbulb fade away by using stronger flash.

What I think is that this picture might sell more if you could do it again using a white background (like in a table-top product shoot). But it is just a gut feeling. OTOH, you can do both versions and let the customers choose, can't you?

I really like this picture. The next time I am involved in assembling a company/project brochure, I'll see if I can buy a license of it :).

Cheers,

Cem
Thank you for coming back to the image, I think I did it because I loved my son's toy, don't know if it will sell... sometimes I think that none of the images I'm uploading will ever sell. I do agree that having a dark background is not as good -- this one I made about 2 years ago --, so in the meantime it is as if I have licensed it myself for my website.

I want to talk a bit about doing stock photography as main job since I'm probably one of the few that are attempting it here. A lot of the time I'm asking myself --and others ask me here-- What is the point?. Stock market is going as well, -or as bad- as the "other" sock market, images are supposed to be commodity and just food for art director. Economically it is a gamble at best etc etc.

But, on the other side, it is as if I'm retained by myself to shoot whatever I like, make it 48 to 80MB compressed file, and send it to England for world exhibition. Indefinitely. I have to think about my target audience, my competition -very dense-, and how to do an image that conveys a concept. How that image is going to be invoked -Key words are the essence this-, and how they are going to look as a thumbnail without forgetting that they should be perfect at 100%.

I have been working on having a legal document, in English/Spanish, for people to grant me their release. I think that stock gets interesting with people images, so I did some -not so good- first attempts at extracting images from people I know... the interesting part is that they where willing to sign the papers for their kids just to have some studio shots for the holly days... The other way to do stock is to travel and I will go to Tokyo in December and when I come back to Bolivia want to go somewhere here, maybe the largest salt desert in the world (I think it is, at leas it is huge)

As in any other field in photography, you have to do your homework and work at it every day... I'm doing just that and having fun while doing so, I also appreciate having a place to talk about it and post some images like the OpenPhotographyForums ...

ps: I drilled a hole in the bed of the truck for the cables...

"Hi Leonardo,

I had promised I would come back, so here I am. Better late than never, huh?

Firstly, I like the "idea" a lot and the execution is very good. Where did you hide the wires? Or did you erase them in PS? The exposure of the tuck is a bit too dark IMO, but I assume you did not want to make the lightbulb fade away by using stronger flash.

What I think is that this picture might sell more if you could do it again using a white background (like in a table-top product shoot). But it is just a gut feeling. OTOH, you can do both versions and let the customers choose, can't you?

I really like this picture. The next time I am involved in assembling a company/project brochure, I'll see if I can buy a license of it :).

Cheers, "