• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Waiting for the doctor

fahim mohammed

FE3B1CAD-E723-4091-90A7-5A7AF6E499CD-X3.jpg

fahim mohammed

Slipped.
Didn’t tell anyone for a couple of days.
Son noticed the slight swelling and took me to his hospital ER.

Yep, a fracture it was. A cast.
The image is my follow up visit waiting for an assessment.

They removed the cast that day!

I have been in Dubai the last week.
Flying home today, Inshallah.
Came to check out some cameras and meet some friends.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well be careful!

I slipped on some rocks in the surf and waves in Cabo Mexico, (and didn’t know I broke a rib), and forgot about the fall and when the pain returned, a month later, thought it was due to meds and had a vibration physical therapy machine treating it! Wrong! Wrong!

Pictures last night shows a fracture!! No wonder it bloody hurts worse after PT!

We older gentlemen can’t be doing everything the 20 year olds do!!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Sorry to hear about that mishap/

Shouldn't be hopping around on slippery rocks ( rocks of any kind ).
Hope you are ok.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Old blokes falling seems to be a thing.
I, too, argued with gravity recently, and lost.
Italian hospitals have lovely doctors and nurses and a disappointingly carefree attitude to time. Aspettare seems more of a custom than a direction.
We’ll all recover sufficiently to fall another day.

Asher Kelman

For me, we do need to be far more careful!

I thought I was smart, deftly twisting to protect the camera and zoom lens as I crashed to the rocks when a wave sought me out in Cabo, Mexico last August!

Unfortunately that broke a rib!

That leads to bed rest, (and screws up tone in all sorts of muscles), for the next year when one no longer is at war-fighting age!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fahim,

How’s that toe healing? Toes seem to produce the worst pain. It can be torture!

By this time it should be on its way to bridging the gaps and healing!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Nigel, Thanks!

I am using my iPhone, (instead of the Fuji GFX), in parks and gardens, but still, after a two hour shoot I need bed rest, LOL!!

Still, I have managed to get an assistant for my sculpture to saw wood and shave it as I mark it with different color tapes and pencil marks.

Despite being indisposed, I seem to have increased my output. It’s keeping promises that’s hard with even a non healed rib! One thinks, true I owe the pics, but I am sure I can do it tomorrow! I don’t delegate image processing!

But studio work, (which I love the most), is hard! I would love to have my Fuji GFX balanced on a counterweighted arm so it would be essentially weightless!

Fortunately I have studio help!

Asher