• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Watching the world go by

Cem_Usakligil

Hi,

Thanks for looking. C&C will be appreciated, as usual.

f18425.jpg

Watching the world go by - 1​

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cem,

That's a great theme! Also a nice coincidence that they do it together with a pet.

Cheers,
Bart
Bart,

That's the thing, it's only a coincidence since both views appealed to Cem! It's more of the case that Cem's extending his strong concept of portals and there now is the luxury of specializing in a common motif, the window, observer and an animal companion. Despite the pet, we get the feeling of the person being rather isolated from human contact. Without the pet, this would not have been so strong.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Bart,

That's the thing, it's only a coincidence since both views appealed to Cem! It's more of the case that Cem's extending his strong concept of portals and there now is the luxury of specializing in a common motif, the window, observer and an animal companion. Despite the pet, we get the feeling of the person being rather isolated from human contact. Without the pet, this would not have been so strong.

Asher
Hi Asher,

You are quite right. The very first image has appealed to me because of the melancholic look of the boy and how he held his cat in his arms. It was a very strong motif, also considering the specific light and the feeling of isolation. I have decided to take a picture almost immediately when I saw this scene. The second one was a conscious effort on my part to find a similar image so that I could start to build up a small series on this theme. The ambiguous feelings and self imagined stories with which one can come up (by looking at these pictures) is a common aspect of both this theme and my portals series.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

Thanks for looking. C&C will be appreciated, as usual.

A0738987-5B7E-4160-A88C-41E2406C4808.jpeg

Watching the World Go By #1

Cem,

May I add this, as it seemed to me they too were watching the world go by.

B8362763-986C-4290-8DB6-95D5FA9423AC.jpeg

It was in the giant Millennium Park in Chicago where children swarm over a wet surface of bubbling water and people, seemingly with no concerns, stroll by, mesmerized by a spirit of tranquility.

Asher

Last edited: