• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept What’s it about?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Look at this.

Had since 1998

Comments welcomed!

Asher

James Lemon

Good start, James
Now go on from there!

Asher

Observing lips are the key to unlocking the most unsatisfied desires, the subtle movements always reveal more than the eyes. The reality of the eyes are only secondary.

James

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Observing lips are the key to unlocking the most unsatisfied desires, the subtle movements always reveal more than the eyes. The reality of the eyes are only secondary.

James
All that is true. Great strides in this journey.

James, look at these lips and what’s below below one of the eyes?

Then look again at all the diverse elements that are shown in a particular way.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher

This so reminds me of a surrealism of ..... https://www.wikiart.org/en/pablo-picasso/the-kiss-1925
in every way!! For what it is worth I think it indicates this world in all the games it has to play... definitely female as mother earth as she throws her cards on the table to look at how we play them.

Pablo Picasso: “Le Baiser”
Fair Use

Charlotte,

Notice the yellow vagina at the bottom of the Licasso painting! A message but not hard to decode!

Yes, the painted gourd Art is about a kiss, or very much more than that. But there is also pain, resentment and resistance in the coded composition!.

Is the girl happy and free as in the brilliant Picasso?

We have to look at one more exemplary painting with a hidden coded surprise by Gustav Klimt, “The Kiss” when I find it!

Still composing 🎨

It is not easy to decipher, as Charlotte says, it may just be very surreal and symbolize many things or just a decorative piece that someone just had fun drawing on.

Obviously, if it is symbolic, there are many things that we can look at. The checkered nose - black and white, good and evil, happy and sad. The lips, sometimes partially open meaning sexuality and sensuality, but other times closed,
and at one point seems to have bars over them to perhaps represent not being able to speak. The face above it has a tear coming down.

As for the cards, is it games people play, or each card represents something: the heart represents love, of course, the club would be desire for knowledge, the diamond would be money and spades - represent darkness, winter or death .

When I saw the arrows on the eyes it made me think they were saying open your eyes. See what 's going on.

But then, this is just speculation, I actually have no idea LOL!

Asher Kelman

Thanks Maggie for your input. You are correct in identifying the tear. That is the key to it all.

Now look at this most famous “Kiss” by Gustav Klimt.

Gustav Klimt: “The Kiss”
Fair Use

Can you detect anything strikingly wrong but socially important?

Asher

Well, I think in this image, he is dominating her, but that seeing how her feet are, she is kneeling. If she would be standing she would be dominating him as
she would obviously be taller. He appears to be dark and she very pale and white with red hair. Today, that is quite accepted, but when this was painted, it was
probably taboo.

Asher Kelman

Well, I think in this image, he is dominating her, but that seeing how her feet are, she is kneeling. If she would be standing she would be dominating him as
she would obviously be taller. He appears to be dark and she very pale and white with red hair. Today, that is quite accepted, but when this was painted, it was
probably taboo.
Maggie and Charlotte,

I think you feel that there is something making her “give in to it”, but it’s not freely.

Look at her right hand. She is digging in her nails to try to escape.

That’s the secret of this important picture that most of us missed.

Yes you could say it’s passion but it is also considered her being dominated and she is protesting at being overwhelmed by a dominant male.

Now look back at the gourd. The nose is actually an erect phallus. The artist as a girl of 14 in Munich was pimped out by her father to give oral pleasure to men he found in a bar.

When I saw the gourds I immediately was taken back and said, “So you were abused!”

My wife profusely apologized and scolded me.

The girl gave me a huge hug and patted my on the hands and told my wife, “Your husband is the very first person to have read my work although I have used this motif as a healing method for my trauma and it has repaired me!”

Now look at the tear and the arrows in the eye and the swollen mouth with a primitive round hole in the center.

I thought I would share this with you as it’s art with a social importance.

As you can see there are different ways of describing and experiencing “The Kiss”.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher

This so reminds me of a surrealism of ..... https://www.wikiart.org/en/pablo-picasso/the-kiss-1925
in every way!! For what it is worth I think it indicates this world in all the games it has to play... definitely female as mother earth as she throws her cards on the table to look at how we play them.

Charlotte
I like your reference to “the cards”. But I think the artist is saying that we are already dealt a set of cards. That’s where we start with our own emotions, wisdom and free will. Now we have to play them as we are dealt!

Many folk have limited opportunities and still make a path for themselves. Others are so traumatized by their hand of cards, they feel ruined and cannot find the strength and resources to even value themselves!

That’s why we should have empathy and compassion!

Asher

James Lemon

I like your reference to “the cards”. But I think the artist is saying that we are already dealt a set of cards. That’s where we start with our own emotions, wisdom and free will. Now we have to play them as we are dealt!

Many folk have limited opportunities and still make a path for themselves. Others are so traumatized by their hand of cards, they feel ruined and cannot find the strength and resources to even value themselves!

Asher

I believe the artists depiction is of one card being the Joker and this is a wild card.

James Lemon

Asher

Asher

I believe the artists depiction is of one card being the Joker and this is a wild card.