• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Wild flowers & Weeds!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have great respect for weeds surviving our cultivation attempts and reclaiming their place!

091638E0-84A1-434C-B9F8-457362F261E2.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Daisies and Clover”

Asher

Asher Kelman

A cattleman's guide may be helpful.
Not really!

Bromus tectorum: That’s the weed!

It outgrows cattlemen. You need sheep!

“In the US, it grows on rangelands, pastures, prairies, fields, waste areas, eroded sites, and roadsides. It is much reviled by ranchers and land managers. B. tectorum seeds are also a critical portion of the diet of the chukar and grey partridge which have been introduced to the US. Intensive sheep browsing of B. tectorum in early spring has been used as a fire fuels reduction strategy in the hills adjacent to Carson City, Nevada.[19] Because of rangeland fires and the invasion of Bromus tectorum, in 2010 the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) considered the possibility of extending the protections of the Endangered Species Act to the greater sage-grouse.[20]” (Wikipedia)

Asher Kelman

I actually like these weeds!

I check the clover for an extra leaf!

If there are also buttercups, one can make a wrist bracelet for a girl you like and she will give you a kiss and even her sandwich!