• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Winter Sun (A series)

Sam Hames

Carrying on from this thread.

Just an expanded series looking at stark winter light in a little more detail. I honestly had no idea where to file this because it doesn't really fit into any particular category but this seemed to fit closest of all.

Copy_westEndAsianGroceries.jpg

websterRdStafford.jpg

toombulShoppingCenterSandgateRd.jpg

eagleJunctionPathway.jpg

Copy_backyardFenceWinterSun.jpg

I have more images that belong in this set, but I'm finding it hard to make anything cohesive out of them.

Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Mark Hampton

Just an expanded series looking at stark winter light in a little more detail. I honestly had no idea where to file this because it doesn't really fit into any particular category but this seemed to fit closest of all.

Copy_westEndAsianGroceries.jpg

websterRdStafford.jpg

toombulShoppingCenterSandgateRd.jpg

eagleJunctionPathway.jpg

Copy_backyardFenceWinterSun.jpg

I have more images that belong in this set, but I'm finding it hard to make anything cohesive out of them.

Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Sam,

I think your idea of light comes across very well - i like the idea of the image filled by light and shapes - without people - just what they have built.

the demarcation of territories that also become modes of communication (roads / powerlines / phone lines / street lights / fences)

spaces that are or can seem photographically marginal - but for me have a power and rhythm in the work - these feel like quiet thoughts.

I think the images need more space between them so they are read as single images within the body (this I guess is because I can see the bottom / top of the next to be viewed when looking at one work.

space them out and put some more up.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

eagleJunctionPathway.jpg

Sam,

All are impressive for the reasons Mark pointed out. This one also fits in very well with the monumental style photographed by Bart Van Der wolf here.

Just keep posting them and folk here will see the connections! sometimes we can't always read our own creations from our subconscious as well as others who are more dispassionate!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Sam, I hope you don't mind me posting my pics in your thread (if you do, just let me know!):

_img1280.jpg

Near the Arctic Circle, February 2012, around noon (hence the harsh light)

Sam Hames

Sam,

All are impressive for the reasons Mark pointed out. This one also fits in very well with the monumental style photographed by Bart Van Der wolf here.

Just keep posting them and folk here will see the connections! sometimes we can't always read our own creations from our subconscious as well as others who are more dispassionate!

Asher​

Asher - I'm not sure where your link is meant to point to!

And I will keep posting - there aren't many left, though I might take a few more before the nominal end of winter. Thanks for the encouragement.

Sam,

I think your idea of light comes across very well - i like the idea of the image filled by light and shapes - without people - just what they have built.

the demarcation of territories that also become modes of communication (roads / powerlines / phone lines / street lights / fences)

spaces that are or can seem photographically marginal - but for me have a power and rhythm in the work - these feel like quiet thoughts.

I think the images need more space between them so they are read as single images within the body (this I guess is because I can see the bottom / top of the next to be viewed when looking at one work.

space them out and put some more up.

Thankyou for taking the time to look. I will come up with a better way of spacing them out. I'm currently think the final format will be a folio of smallish prints - in the mean time I might put a gallery up on my blog or something for the reason you mentioned.

I like the way you say photographically marginal and quiet thoughts - many of these were just times I was out and about, going from one place to another and just needed to take a moment out to think or relax. It just feels right to embrace that moment wherever I happen to be and see what's there.​