• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Women: Fashion, Style and Attitude!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So here’s a start! As framed, out of the camera.

© Asher Kelman: Girl with Drop Earrings

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

O wow now what I would do is make it black and white to give the allure of being angelic maybe give some dark shadow and then try some light with the shadow and I would work with it even a light sepia as the same in light and shadow,,,but that is me. Great
catch of an angel ! O and is this the whole shot is there aa full body shot
Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Thanks Doug and Charlotte for your input.

Doug, I’d not have thought of sharpening as the earrings are in the plane of focus.

Charlotte, I hadn’t imagine B&W either! But, yes, a lot of allure in monochrome to explore: thanks for that suggestion! It’s shown as shot. I have other shots of her for you!
Moi? J'ai été capturé, un prisonnier sans défense!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Thanks Doug and Charlotte for your input.

Doug, I’d not have thought of sharpening as the earrings are in the plane of focus.

I was pulling you leg over the fact that your pix as put up inline on the forum seem to get overall misfocused in the process. Perhaps the focus software does that by default, perhaps to "spoil" the image so it would not be as valuable if snagged from a forum post.

If that is by any chance so, I suggest that this "feature" be disabled.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Here the lens did it! However, as a rule, I do not generally seek overall sharp focus and certainly not “uniform-illumination” every time. If by chance everything is sharp and equally well lit, then I will blur and darken as required to create purposeful zones of graded importance.

But the possibility of image-ingestion softening will be looked at! ?‍♀️?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I understand Asher's intent, but I tent to agree with Doug…
IMHO the image is not blurred, it might be well focused.
However I had a close look in PS and my finding is that the subject (or the camera) had a slow motion, maybe because of low speed… (unfortunately the exif has been erased)
In French we call this a "flou de bougé" as opposed to a "flou"
Should Asher agree I could post a "corrected" image, focuswise…

But, otherwise, I like the shot very much, the model is adorable and captured with an incredible amount of respect and sensitivity (to say the less… ;)

nicolas claris

May I add a contribution with one of my recent image (December 2018 in Antigua)?
If not, I would understand and post somewhere else…

As framed, out of the camera.

Caitlin.jpg

A girl in vacation on board a 68' Sunreef motor yacht in Antigua
[EDIT] The model (not pro) is Caitlin she's South African [\EDIT]

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

Your adorable muse is entirely welcome on our cruise!

I have the greatest respect for women who can convey an attitude that is so fine and well distilled and cultivated like a rare bespoke cognac!

..and yes, your edit would be instructive!

Asher

Asher Kelman

So what did you do, Nicolas? The original is “out of the camera”, with no sharpening or deconvolution.

That’s what happens when you are slain by a woman!

Asher

nicolas claris

Asher, it would be helpful to have the exif of the photo…
What camera and lens did you use?
What shutter speed and aperture?
Even straight out of the camera, i find it a tad soft and a little "bougé"…

What did I do to the repost photo?
I used the shake reduction filter in PS (CC 2019)
Then applied my own sharpening action at 50%

nicolas claris

Here is another try with five different spots for sharpening into the filter, + my own sharp action still at 50%, it is less agressive and more precise than the 1st one

model2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Even better, Nicolas,

Remind us of your magic sharpening brew?

Do we have any updates from folk like Bart to hear about or has it been preset well what you used 5 years ago?

Asher

nicolas claris

Hmmm, not that good in the hair, I've been fooled by the retina monitor of the MacBookpro…
There are now artifacts in the hair…

My sharpening action is an evolution of the one I created 5 years ago. It works only on fine structure (such as hair or wood veneer). It has nothing to do with the PS shake reduction filter which I used at 1st on your image.

Asher Kelman

O wow now what I would do is make it black and white to give the allure of being angelic maybe give some dark shadow and then try some light with the shadow and I would work with it even a light sepia as the same in light and shadow,,,but that is me. Great
catch of an angel ! O and is this the whole shot is there aa full body shot
Charlotte
Go ahead!

Asher