• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yams

Yet Another Moon Shot :)

Sorry, could not help it:)

Full Moon Over SoCal 2007

120883692-O.jpg

Ray West

Am I missing the image, somewhere? You can spend a lifetime hovering over text looking for a link to appear - whatever happened to standards?

Jörgen Nyberg

Ray, I think it's a problem with SmugSmug. Tried going to Nik's galleri there, and nothing happens.

Edit: And a minute later it appeared ;-)

John_Nevill

What amazes me is the darkside, Last year a guy from Boston took a picture of the full moon at the same time as I, we posted them up on my website and they were identical. Next up the Wall :eek:)

Ray,

Ray West said:
Am I missing the image, somewhere? You can spend a lifetime hovering over text looking for a link to appear - whatever happened to standards?

Sorry about that, SM been slow lately...:-(
Can you see it now?

Ivan Garcia

Nice shot Nikolai.
I do not have the 600mmm santa said I’ve been a bad boy, and so, I didn’t get it this year (snif, snif).
Just for comparison, (eos 30D v 20D TC X1.4 v TC X 2) I took This one August 2005.
Canon 20D 100-400L @ 400 +TC X2.
1/160sec, F/25, ISO-800
moon800mm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray West

All visible now, thanks.

Hi Nikolai,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray West

Sorry about that, SM been slow lately...:-(
Can you see it now?

I can see clearly, now ... .... ... .... .

Best wishes,

Ray

Ivan,

this is strange, yours should be like 20% larger... is it 100% or smaller? Mine is 100% crop
Same 100-400, and we both had 1.6 sensor crop... but TC2 should give you 800mm vs my 560mm...

Ivan Garcia

Hi Nik
Mine is a 100% crop too, just reduced to 800x800 for web … this is a bit of a puzzle…unless of course the moon was at Perigee for your shot, and apogee for mine