• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No words..Just images

Antonio Correia

i-S2sXMXK-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

Happy birthday ! :)

I think he (or she) has no place for the bicycle inside... I wonder what is he going to do in Winter if this street is North-South and the wind from the sea is very strong and quite near blowing from South. Some 300 meters away...

i-9QLX4Ph-X2.jpg

Jerome Marot

Hi, Jerome,

Wonderful shot - wonderful subject.

One would think that this is in the American West.

You commented, apparently about this shot, "Things are not always what they seem to be, however." Would you care to let us in on the "secret"?

The secret is that this was not shot in the American West. Maybe you can find out why. Maybe you can even find out where it was taken?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,

The secret is that this was not shot in the American West. Maybe you can find out why. Maybe you can even find out where it was taken?

Well, I had thought, from your comment, that it might be a movie set.

I guess Cem has told us for what movie. Good catch, Cem.

That is consistent with the Exif metadata.

So we are talking about Ouarzazate, Morocco.

And indeed it looks like New Mexico, where that film was set. In fact the red sand we see is just what I have in my back yard.

"Gas Haven".

1815039085_61df5c5552_z.jpg

Neat!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

with a little help ...

X-T10, FX18mm at f/8,0 C1, AlienSkin​

Superb image of the circularity of life as epitomized by the humble views of butts, large and small, wrapped or contouring the overlay of cloth!

Bravo, Wolfgang! This is an excellently seen image and worthy of treasuring!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I think you've taken us near this location before, Cem, but this is different and freer to explore with our own baggage of ideas.

I like the raw life confrontations you bring us to experience! The idea of relaxing by the water's edge, without easily available ice-cream bars, drinks and deckchair service, (never mind an industrial view that can't be ignored), is foreign to most folk who have beach holidays arranged for them through agencies.

Thanks,

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

That is lovely.

By the way, over the years I have not been a fan of "frames" around images presented in the forum (perhaps that is the the engineer in me). but you have made me a believer! Your "frames" very much enhance your images.

Best regards,

Doug Kerr

Antonio Correia

Thank you Doug :)

As you probably have seen elsewhere, I do use frames in all my pictures.
Yes, I think they enhance the image.
The white canvas is a solution I have been doing for some time because, when printed people tend not to place their fingers on the image itself. And it works.
Except for my 5 year grandson before he was aware of the issue. :)
I usually print small A5 for folios but, when the prints are large I make it smaller.
The black canvas all around appeared as I wanted to enhance the image placed on very light areas like the one we have here. It makes the whole presentation to pop-up.

To make this photograph - a very simple one indeed - I make some shots around the basket trying to get the best angle. At home I choosed one. Now, I will erase them all except the chosen one.
i-J4rqXHG-M.jpg