• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Magazines cover pages

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Always good to see that our work desserves magazines' cover pages.

This one was shot with the Pentax 645 D in 2013 in the Bahamas but it is issued this month in both international and French issues…

Couv-Multihiulls-30ans.jpg

The International issue
The "Power Cat on test" is also illustrated with my images.

On March 26 I'll be allowed to show the cover page of Yachting Magazine # 1300 with an image shot with a Pentax 645 Z in the Bahamas last February…

Rachel McLain

Congrats, Nicolas! Good for you! Lovely shot!

This one was shot with the Pentax 645 D in 2013 in the Bahamas but it is issued this month in both international and French issues…

The International issue

On March 26 I'll be allowed to show the cover page of Yachting Magazine # 1300 with an image shot with a Pentax 645 Z in the Bahamas last February…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

The International issue

This is so beautiful, I want one!

Congrats, Nicolas....and to Romain as I'm sure he was filming your too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It is a Lagoon 52… Spacious, comfortable and easy to sail!
More images of the set: http://www.claris-photo.com/slides-y/16m_Lagoon_52/index.html
and the video by Romain as well : http://www.claris-video.com/video_yachting_uk.php scroll down to "Lagoon 52"

Meanwhile, theres a 2014 for sale in good condition

Nouvel arrivage
Year:
Length:
171'
Engine/Fuel Type:
Twin
Located In:
Martinique (FR)
Hull Material:
Fiberglass
YW#:
79565-2822162

Current Price:
EUR 865,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 915,949)

LAGOON 52 / 2014 /

NAVIRE EN PARFAIT ETAT! OFFRE SPÉCIALE ANTILLES

.....and I thought these were about $40,000! how out of touch I am! :)

These are magnificent ladies of the sea. I will have to sell a lot of "stuff" and blood!

Asher

nicolas claris

Current Price:
EUR 865,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 915,949)

LAGOON 52 / 2014 /

NAVIRE EN PARFAIT ETAT! OFFRE SPÉCIALE ANTILLES

.....and I thought these were about $40,000! how out of touch I am! :)

These are magnificent ladies of the sea. I will have to sell a lot of "stuff" and blood!

Asher

That's the price (I'm sure you can negociate!) for a second hand Lagoon 52, new is a bit more money!

BTW there's a typo in the length, read: 15,84 m / 52’

You may still dream while looking on Lagoon website (made by Claris Image Builder: )
http://www.cata-lagoon.com/lagoon_52_uk.php

Asher Kelman

That's the price (I'm sure you can negociate!) for a second hand Lagoon 52, new is a bit more money!

BTW there's a typo in the length, read: 15,84 m / 52’

You may still dream while looking on Lagoon website (made by Claris Image Builder: )
http://www.cata-lagoon.com/lagoon_52_uk.php

For sure, LOL!

171 feet would require a brave crew to handle the sails, but could carry a Sultan's elephant too!

Asher

nicolas claris

Cover page of Yachting Magazine #1300, April issue.

The Lagoon 630 MY featured on the cover of Yachting Magazine #1300, April issue.
Shot with a Pentax 645 Z
http://www.yachtingmagazine.com

Not to forget a nice feature inside with 8 pages included a magnificent double spread as opening…

YachtingCoverN1300_1548px.jpg

Robert Watcher

Very nice work Nicolas. And it is deserving to be acknowledged in this way.

I shot images for a sailboat manufacturer many many years ago --- using a handheld Hasselblad while I was hanging out the front of the motorized sailboat the company was using to chase the ship in full sail in the open waters. Interior shots of the docked sailboat were handled with my Hasselblad SWD superwide lens.

If I were doing this kind of work today (and being paid well enough for it), I would definitely be using a Digital Medium Format camera such as you are.

nicolas claris

Very nice work Nicolas. And it is deserving to be acknowledged in this way.

Tank you Robert.
Yes indeed.
In fact Yachting Magazine is somewhat like "Vogue" for yachtmen.
This is not the first cover I shoot for them, but I always look at these covers with pride…

Antonio Correia

I think I should clarify that when I said "Poor girl. In a such expensive boat and without money for a bathing suit !" in a previous post I was joking.

Perhaps it is a bad taste joke... I am sorry.

I did´t mean to depreciate the image, neither the success of the photographer nor the cover itself. Not even the magazine.

nicolas claris

I think I should clarify that when I said "Poor girl. In a such expensive boat and without money for a bathing suit !" in a previous post I was joking.

Perhaps it is a bad taste joke... I am sorry.

I did´t mean to depreciate the image, neither the success of the photographer nor the cover itself. Not even the magazine.

Oh! Antonio!
I took your post for humor!
No problem at all!

nicolas claris

Sorry, guys, for once and for a short while, my modesty vanishes…
I can’t deny myself the pleasure to read the message I received:

You’ve done an amazing job shooting the Lagoon 630 Motor Yacht. These images are some of the best I’ve worked with while at Yachting.

What an excellent job you did with this, Nicolas. You knocked it out of the park. Many thanks for the fantastic work, and a well-executed production.*

The image may be the classiest cover we’ve run.

Warm regards from Florida,
Eric Powell */ *Sr. Art Director
Bonnier Corporation