• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Serious fun with any smartphone! Post your favorites!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This has a lot of mood, Wolfgang. It appears undisturbed by man. Is this in a cultivated garden or wild?

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

The fly
It's his world and we are just living in it.

Exactly! This fellow has been around for a while longer than us! What's incredible is that the code that makes up the switches for the eyes is so efficient that it is used by mice and humans too!

So James, it turns out that we are just variations in a production line!

Asher

I did not recognize this was my picture! I also now disown my previous opinion that one should have the "right camera for the job" and ignore one's family in the process. I am reminded of the song, "If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with!"

Asher

Wow, this is just so lovely!

not sure why the image didn't come along, but I see that it is not included in the quote.. it's the route that people take to job near Santa Monica Boulevard! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

Carrying on with the rainy Oktoberfest theme...

Michael,

Thanks for bringing to us these celebratory pictures and reviving happy memories!

I like the Octoberfest celebrations. I have enjoyed meeting such fabulous people in the beer gardens! These are really such social and friendly occasions. There seemed to be a total absence of rowdy or rough behavior.

(I'd hate to think of the disorder that could occur if English football fans, winners or losers would arrive!!)

Asher

Peter Dexter

Wow just amazing. And I remember the New Yorker cartoon from the early nineties showing a man walking down Fifth Avenue speaking into a phone: "Hold on. I think I just took another picture of my ear".

Asher Kelman

Film Noir theme with a smartphone.

Best regards,
Michael

A lot of men are apologizing! Me too. I am so sorry to have missed this gem from 2016! I must have been sleeping!

Michael,

Dark street lit enough by islands of light still allows one to walk and meditate and not feel one. is on a sports field at a night game. The lights are bright enough to bring joy and celebration but do not overwhelm the mood of Christmas as a festival for not only family, friends and getting together, but also of some aspects of "Silent Night". If. one stops, one can hear a choir.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Cell phones continue to improve, but I am somewhat out of date with the iphone 6+. I forget what that extra + brought, but altogether, I hardly need to have a dedicated camera.

Probably I should buy a highly compact Sony with that 50mm lens and the sensor from the A7RII.

In the meanwhile this is a autumn shot of the cones from the magnolia tree next door. To my joy, one I collected for its interesting shape, gradually dried and then then the thing started to split all over and the brightest glossy red seeds started to be extruded!

So I put it on my grand piano and photographed it with the iPhone and felt satisfied!

IMG_1887_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Magnolia Seed Cone on Grand Piano

iphone 6 Topaz filters blended in Photoshop CC 2017

Enjoy!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Cell phones continue to improve, but I am somewhat out of date with the iphone 6+. I forget what that extra + brought, but altogether, I hardly need to have a dedicated camera.

Probably I should buy a highly compact Sony with that 50mm lens and the sensor from the A7RII.

In the meanwhile this is a autumn shot of the cones from the magnolia tree next door. To my joy, one I collected for its interesting shape, gradually dried and then then the thing started to split all over and the brightest glossy red seeds started to be extruded!

So I put it on my grand piano and photographed it with the iPhone and felt satisfied!

IMG_1887_1200.jpg

Asher Kelman: Magnolia Seed Cone on Grand Piano

iphone 6 Topaz filters blended in Photoshop CC 2017

Enjoy!

Asher

Very nice nature morte Asher!
But the bg disturbs me…

nicolas claris

I find that iPhone (my latest is a 7) does great jobs (pun intended) when there's a lot of light, in low light there are so so…
Is sky the limit?

23551244_1956069254631745_4389374911104457551_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

As you know, no cameras, until now, have had behind them the immense wealth of companies like Apple and LG who set the pace with markets in the tens of millions.

The research budget and tecnicological process to reinvent is driven to beat the offerings to an already addicted public.

Until recently, cameras were only "always" updated by real enthusiasts. Professionals made money with their already sufficient gear until repair was no longer worthwhile. Everyone Else, if they had a camera, it was likely already loaded with a roll of partially exposed film, that could sit for months without activity.

Today the smart mobile phone, (with instant "selfies" and pictures of homes or furniture that one might buy), are used many, many times a day. We even deposit checks using the camera. So this camera is integrated into our way of life.

We treat the mobile phone as an integral part of our sensory system so, essentially, we're addicted and Apple and the rest feeds us greater and greater potency of our new "must-have" eyes, ears and memory!

So the new market will be for attachments to the mobile phone and regular cameras will be pushed to reinvent too or vanish!

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

As you know, no cameras, until now, have had behind them the immense wealth of companies like Apple and LG who set the pace with markets in the tens of millions.

The research budget and tecnicological process to reinvent is driven to beat the offerings to an already addicted public.

Until recently, cameras were only "always" updated by real enthusiasts. Professionals made money with their already sufficient gear until repair was no longer worthwhile. Everyone Else, if they had a camera, it was likely already loaded with a roll of partially exposed film, that could sit for months without activity.

Today the smart mobile phone, (with instant "selfies" and pictures of homes or furniture that one might buy), are used many, many times a day. We even deposit checks using the camera. So this camera is integrated into our way of life.

We treat the mobile phone as an integral part of our sensory system so, essentially, we're addicted and Apple and the rest feeds us greater and greater potency of our new "must-have" eyes, ears and memory!

So the new market will be for attachments to the mobile phone and regular cameras will be pushed to reinvent too or vanish!

Asher
I agree, but still these cameras remain poor in IQ…
No doubt they will get better and better…
I shoot pics with my iPhone during holidays or when no high quality is needed…

For example for backstage when we're shooting…

22728773_1946759638896040_8872870713547385286_n.jpg

Romain returning from a shoot offshore

James Lemon

Nicolas,

Asher

Asher

Excess is acceptable in todays society but addiction is not. I can get by nicely with a dumb phone and do not appreciate being forced to purchase gadgets I don't need. Technology interferes with ones own ability to think for yourself and contributes to a short-sighted mind set. Nice colour from the iphone though.

James

Asher Kelman

I agree, but still these cameras remain poor in IQ…
No doubt they will get better and better…
I shoot pics with my iPhone during holidays or when no high quality is needed…

For example for backstage when we're shooting…

22728773_1946759638896040_8872870713547385286_n.jpg

Romain returning from a shoot offshore

IQ needs to be sufficient for the task and here it it is! I feel for Romain here!

Bien fait!

Asher