• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

El Salvador has started cracking down on garbage being thrown onto the streets, with warning signs being posted all over the countryside. Apparently they are taking a similar approach to Urinating on the Streets (No Orinar Aqui) —- the Penalty for both being $114.29 USD.

Although I think I laughed more at the specific amount of the fine than anything. One local concluded that they had the fine amount figured out in the old Salvadoran colón (replaced by the U.S. dollar in 2001) —— and just did a conversion from it to USD. That is about the only explanation that makes sense.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
El Salvador has started cracking down on garbage being thrown onto the streets, with warning signs being posted all over the countryside. Apparently they are taking a similar approach to Urinating on the Streets (No Orinar Aqui) —- the Penalty for both being $114.29 USD.

Although I think I laughed more at the specific amount of the fine than anything. One local concluded that they had the fine amount figured out in the old Salvadoran colón (replaced by the U.S. dollar in 2001) —— and just did a conversion from it to USD. That is about the only explanation that makes sense.

Robert,

This is actually just the tip of the iceberg of a severe worldwide problem. With accumulation of garbage, disease carrying rats multiply.

They are extraordinarily fecund! In one bad stoke of luck, an entire city could be struck with flea born typhus, bubonic plague or water-spread spirochaetal disease!

There is foolishness in not making this the highest priority!

Superb that your city has woken up. The human urine is nasty ? but not really a ? hazard!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Robert,

Very likely.

In any case, I love it!

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug