• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pelican

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Zoo captured, I’m afraid.

Do pelicans have coherent thoughts?

I’m under the impression that the brain of a pelican is just active enough to enable survival. Putting it in an enclosure might take a load off it’s mind, don’t you think?

0B23B1DD-BB61-44E1-BBD7-C2DAB1CA6B7D.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Zoo captured, I’m afraid.

Do pelicans have coherent thoughts?

I’m under the impression that the brain of a pelican is just active enough to enable survival. Putting it in an enclosure might take a load off it’s mind, don’t you think?

View attachment 1599

Man has just enough intelligence to doom himself and the planet!

Imagine, this pelican gets along fine without electricity, money or tampons!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
96FE2B29-FB16-4907-9EBE-FE2D4F7E9E44.jpeg

I have a family of frilled lizards living in my garden. (Not this one. I posted the picture only to remind others what a lizard looks like) Thy have been there for near 10 years. Each day the members rise from the shrubbery, bask in the morning sun on the lawn, feed on worms, bugs and flowers and wander the garden until the sun sets. I often find eggs in the garden bed, covered with leaves or buried in a shallow nest.

They cannot escape. Cane toads also frequent the neighbourhood. They have been declared a noxious pest and it is my neighbourly duty to rid them from my garden with a ‘Cane toad Barrier’, which also acts as a lizard barrier.

So, the lizards are trapped in and the roads are ‘trapped’ out.

It doesn’t cross my mind as to the well being of either lizard or toad. Just my well being. I like looking at the lizards in my garden. I don’t like toads in my pool. That is central to my thinking and core to my actions.

How strange I should think that way. How inconsiderate. How contrary to the survival of all organisms.

I am at one with my garden as a protector of one species and an eradicator of another.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom,

It’s the clearing of the Amazon Forrest that might be the third biggest threat to species, the first two appear to be water laden with chemicals and climate change.

Your lizards, in luxury, but for the few stolen eggs, are no doubt pretty safe too!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Tom,

It’s the clearing of the Amazon Forrest that might be the third biggest threat to species, the first two appear to be water laden with chemicals and climate change.

Your lizards, in luxury, but for the few stolen eggs, are no doubt pretty safe too!

Asher

John Forrest was an Australian explorer.
I believe you meant ‘forest’.