• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Performer

Antonio Correia

i-MbGV4mZ-X2.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Ha! LoL!
I'm sure about that, I was not talking about the performance itself, but about his condition!
Of course it was humour from me ;)

But on the 2nd photo he seems to be in trouble!
Was that a show outside? in a theater?
What kind of story is he trying to tell us, now we are intrigued, we need more photos !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

You have done the subject justice.

Antonio Correia: Performer

A key success is the sharpness of his eyes! It contrasts with the haphazard array of bits of straw and his rough appearance.

This contrast projects the will of the man and completes the picture!

Kudos for exceptional capture and delivery!

Asher

Antonio Correia

The guy was performing outside under a good night weather, the role of a fantastic monster frightening children (!) and adults alike.
He has been very near from me as well as other performers.

i-KjPbHpD-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Another superb capture. The fellow is embedded in a matrix of complexity and darkness! Is he carrying the framework or simply it just looks like that?

What a brilliant set design!

I commend this theatre troupe. Is this an old traditional production where the set and costumes goes back generations or is this straight out of Art School in Paris, Barcelona or Lisbon?

I want more details of this superb set design! What’s the name of the production and theater group?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Some people belong to the group, all being quite young. The performance was outside as I previously mentioned...
In the bottom photo I couldn't avoid the head of the guy. I am tall but not that much ! :)
i-bh7T4ZL-X2.jpg

i-tDSpLBt-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

What’s the name of the the theatrical troupe? Do they have a website?

What’s the source of the play/performance as I asked above?

Any more of that fellows frame? Were there any other parts of the set design you captured!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I don't think they have a site. I will try to know about that. Th event was in Palmela and it is rather difficult to me to get in touch with them...

Other shots bellow
i-4s4Xg64-X2.jpg

i-PM7mMPX-X2.jpg

Banding in here ???

i-p89WmDf-X2.jpg

I am tall but not enough to avoid others in front of me...

i-kTxVkTB-X2.jpg

i-jg4nfDV-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Well, Antonio,

Palmela is very fortunate. These are such a talented and entertaining troupe.

See if there is anything in the Portuguese internet and list of shows to see!

Thanks,

Asher

Asher Kelman

Ow you know who they are, give them this link to your thread and ask for pictures of their props, especially the tall poles and the mesh sheets and rope!

They are amazing artists.

I could see from your first pictures that these are exceptionally talented team-workers with a closed avidity to their project. They don’t use glue for keeping things together, just heart!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I sent them a message!

This is the archetype picture they should use!

It demonstrates their artistry in set design and dramatic proficiency of their actors and director.

With a single picture we see human frailty and response to fear and oppression!

We also see that our enemies are really mortal and that they demonic nature is held together by near pieces of string!

Asher

Antonio Correia

My dear friends,
I have seen their photos for the first time. They are good considering that we are looking at them in facebook. They look great, don't be unfair.

Curiously, a couple of years ago when I was more committed to photography than I am today, I have contacted them and made a few shots with flash and so on.
I still keep them. Perhaps the actors are others now... I don't know. Now I was not able to recall any face, obviously...
I found them in 5 seconds in LR. It was in 2014 but they are not good enough to be shown...
I also remember that they received me very well. I was too lazy to continue the work and I blame myself 5 years later.
Cheers ! :)

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

I admire so much your own self-motivation in photography and your dedication. Also Luisa, your dear wife is so talented!

They have that same set of skills but as a group it reinforces itself and becomes explosive. Thanks for bring them to us. It’s as if you drove us there!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Nice quality Antonio.

Your image where you mention Banding in here ?? I am pretty sure that is a result of using the electronic shutter (silent mode). I have had the same issues in concert lighting or at schools or events with the type of lighting used. I am aware and just go back to mechanical shutter if I want to be sure there will be no issues.

Antonio Correia

Nice quality Antonio.
Your image where you mention Banding in here ?? I am pretty sure that is a result of using the electronic shutter (silent mode). I have had the same issues in concert lighting or at schools or events with the type of lighting used. I am aware and just go back to mechanical shutter if I want to be sure there will be no issues.

You are right Robert. The camera was in silent mode !
Curiously, it was only in this photo...

Robert Watcher

You are right Robert. The camera was in silent mode !
Curiously, it was only in this photo...

——-

James Lemon

However, at the same ISO 8.000... no flickr !

i-MhtCd7n-XL.jpg

It depends on how the electricity is flowing in the lighting . The Flickr is from frequency that is where the Flickr comes from . Remember old tube televisions and the rolling lines?

frequency

The hertz (symbol: Hz) is a unit derived from time which measures frequency in the International System of Units (SI). Frequency is how often something happens. A frequency of 1 hertz means that something happens once a second.

Last edited:

Antonio Correia

It depends on how the electricity is flowing in the lighting . The Flickr is from frequency that is where the Flickr comes from . Remember old tube televisions and the rolling lines ?
frequency. The hertz (symbol: Hz) is a unit derived from time which measures frequency in the International System of Units (SI). Frequency is how often something happens. A frequency of 1 hertz means that something happens once a second.

Thank you James for that simple explanation. I am sure that is the reason.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

It depends on how the electricity is flowing in the lighting . The Flickr is from frequency that is where the Flickr comes from . Remember old tube televisions and the rolling lines?

frequency

The hertz (symbol: Hz) is a unit derived from time which measures frequency in the International System of Units (SI). Frequency is how often something happens. A frequency of 1 hertz means that something happens once a second.

ehem, ecxcuse an Electrical Engineer James, it is FLICKER, not flickr (which is a image hosting site) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flicker_(screen)