• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Venice on the move.

Tom dinning

Registrant*

I think I’m using james as my reference point. I keep looking for missing items.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Brilliant!

I love pictures with nudes!

The water in the canal’s filthy. How do you get all those naked women to pose for you like that?

Or are they with you in your caravan from Darwin and think this is St Tropez, on the French Riviera?

The top nude on the left, is on her own, why?

Still, this is a major advance for you and I can see you are progressing admirably!

This is not like your usual work which may be great and all, but to me is pretty routine.

Here you are awake and use the needed rules for making pictures to grab one’s attention! I am totally into this.

With a bit of an S-Curve this will be marketable. I am not saying this is art, but it can sell for sure!

Kudos!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I consider this picture to be art. It graced a wall in my living room for a few years (13x19” print on 22x29” mount) and was even sold as print on a couple of occasions.

if it is art, Tom’s image is art in my view. I have no idea who the authorities here are, that are claiming otherwise (I realize a few are just giving him a hard time - but I am finding that equally annoying)

I have always found Tom’s photographs to be visually pleasing to my eye, and of a high standard.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

We were joking back and forth with Tom! But since you were concerned:

In summary:

I am persuaded, without reservation, that Antonio Correia, Nicolas Claris, Tom, Robert, Jerome Marot and more than a few others here, produce art at such a high level to merit a placement in Museums or Art and get the attention of collectors!

Asher

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I consider this picture to be art. It graced a wall in my living room for a few years (13x19” print on 22x29” mount) and was even sold as print on a couple of occasions.

if it is art, Tom’s image is art in my view. I have no idea who the authorities here are, that are claiming otherwise (I realize a few are just giving him a hard time - but I am finding that equally annoying)

I have always found Tom’s photographs to be visually pleasing to my eye, and of a high standard.

Thanks Robert.
Don’t get annoyed on my behalf.
It’s all in good fun - I hope.
I’m not inclined to categorise any of my images, or most others for that matter.
I enjoy looking at them, taking my own, handing them around over a chat and a few drinks., having a laugh.

taking the piss, as it’s called is an Aussie pastime. It’s about laughing at oneself.
I know I can be a right prick at times, so getting some back from others is good for me.
My responses of disgust are as expected. I’m supposed to do that so they know I understand.
understand?

Robert Watcher

Thanks Robert.
Don’t get annoyed on my behalf.
It’s all in good fun - I hope.
I’m not inclined to categorise any of my images, or most others for that matter.
I enjoy looking at them, taking my own, handing them around over a chat and a few drinks., having a laugh.

taking the piss, as it’s called is an Aussie pastime. It’s about laughing at oneself.
I know I can be a right prick at times, so getting some back from others is good for me.
My responses of disgust are as expected. I’m supposed to do that so they know I understand.
understand?

Not getting annoyed on your behalf really. You’re a big boy. Mostly just annoyed at being exposed to such nonsensical jabber every time I check in the forum. It was a bad day. — As far as my statements on the quality of your photography, I was simply stating a fact. :sneaky:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Robert,
For once we tried to have some fun here…
Personally I have not said that Tom's images were good or bad, art or artless, who would I be to state such jugement! ?
Please, Read

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Not getting annoyed on your behalf really. You’re a big boy. Mostly just annoyed at being exposed to such nonsensical jabber every time I check in the forum. It was a bad day. — As far as my statements on the quality of your photography, I was simply stating a fact. :sneaky:

Well, not so big any more. Shrinking with age. Lost 8 cm in height from osteoarthritis and 10:kg so I can have my hip replaced and lower the risks a bit. But that’s another tale.

I call it friendly banter. It’s part of what Nick says about mates having a go at each other over a glass of red or a whisky.
No harm intended.
Problem is we tend to forget others are listening and don’t get the jokes.

Honestly, it’s a pleasure to be here among friends. If you appreciate my photos as I do yours that’s a bonus.
Perhaps you could join us in a Pinot noir. It will cheer your day no end. I recommend the anewzealnd or Chilean