• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Grain Tower is an iconic building in Sequim and I found another place to shot it from

Jim Olson

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

A beauty! As usual, you compose with an intervening “obstructive” element. In doing so you give rich context.

Still, on some another occasion, it’s maybe worthwhile exploring to get a vantage point to isolate the tower from the, admittedly wonderful, adjacent cluster of earth-tone structures.

Let me add that you might enhance further your current composition by taking overlapping images
  • To the left to include the interesting trees
  • to the right to gather the rest of the cluster of buildings
...and so with stitching, have the option to work on your composition further, when you get home!

Asher

Jim Olson

Jim,

A beauty! As usual, you compose with an intervening “obstructive” element. In doing so you give rich context.

Still, on some another occasion, it’s maybe worthwhile exploring to get a vantage point to isolate the tower from the, admittedly wonderful, adjacent cluster of earth-tone structures.

Let me add that you might enhance further your current composition by taking overlapping images
  • To the left to include the interesting trees
  • to the right to gather the rest of the cluster of buildings
...and so with stitching, have the option to work on your composition further, when you get home!

Asher
Thank you... I clicked on the link & but it looks like to play with stitching I need to download Adobe Photoshop Photomerge and I'm running Linux

Jim Olson

Have you tried GIMP?

Asher
Yes I have... I think I might even have it downloaded on this laptop. I have used GIMP in the past.
I'll check... And I guess you are telling this because GIMP will do stitching... TNX
PS... I just checked and I do have GIMP 2.10

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes I have... I think I might even have it downloaded on this laptop. I have used GIMP in the past.
I'll check... And I guess you are telling this because GIMP will do stitching... TNX
PS... I just checked and I do have GIMP 2.10
I will see if I have any GIMP instruction books

Asher