• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept “Cover that face, MAintain your space!”

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This thread is to document what we can see with our eyes only. We are just viewing changes in behavior and new social expectations.

Separate and cover up!

No one escapes hardship from COVID-19 disruption of work, play and simply going out to eat!

Let’s look at the diverse images of the new reality.

05A79347-4EDE-43F4-9BDB-22E4B8D32F1A.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Separate and cover up!“

A lone man waits for a bus outside the West Hollywood.

He already has a mask on. No one else is near him!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Maybe a reality for some.

James,

Are you joking?

Isn’t it a reality for everyone? Who hasn’t got a wedding photographer or other social business friend out of work, Annoyed at not being able to eat inside a favorite restaurant or have a relative or associate hospitalized.

I doubt whether anyone has escaped unless they are, fragile and ill, for some other reason, fed at home by a paid staff with automatic food deliveries.

Everyone I know, everywhere is affected day in day out.m some way or another!

Asher

James Lemon

View attachment 5400

Asher Kelman: “Sole server”​

We ordered humus and salad. So they had one customer!

Asher

Please explain how such a mask without any type of certification could be used for any prevention of a boogeyman taking your soul? Especially when one has not purged their mind of any virus attracting thoughts.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Please explain how such a mask without any type of certification could be used for any medical prevention? This is just stupidity.
James,

As you might remember, I am also. professor of Microbiology and am up to date with studies related to infectious diseases. You may not realize that there are two separate needs for masks.

1.To protect others, that even a kerchief is effective.

2. To protect health workers caring from highly contagious sick patients,where a certified N-95 mask or equivalent is required.

The server in link doesn’t approach the customers. They state what the wish from the other side of a table, outside the restaurant, wearing masks too.

Being outdoors, there is no chance of anyone spreading virus as both are masked adequately and distanced sufficiently to prevent any by a very remote chance of infection.

If you are still unsure of the safety, ask me privately to provide you research data. But here, just show pictures please. I would greatly appreciate your comments in the form of photographs on the subject.

Asher

James Lemon

James,

As you might remember, I am also. professor of Microbiology and am up to date with studies related to infectious diseases. You may not realize that there are two separate needs for masks.

1.To protect others, that even a kerchief is effective.

2. To protect health workers caring from highly contagious sick patients,where a certified N-95 mask or equivalent is required.

The server in link doesn’t approach the customers. They state what the wish from the other side of a table, outside the restaurant, wearing masks too.

Being outdoors, there is no chance of anyone spreading virus as both are masked adequately and distanced sufficiently to prevent any by a very remote chance of infection.

If you are still unsure of the safety, ask me privately to provide you research data. But here, just show pictures please. I would greatly appreciate your comments in the form of photographs on the subject.

Asher

You brought up the subject Asher.

Asher Kelman

You brought up the subject Asher.
Merely for actual photography as a “window“ to our new life restrictions! I didn’t mean to be advocating anything, just documenting the amazing changes in our ordinary day to day individual lives!

Asher

Asher Kelman

That was Los Angeles!

In Beverly Hills, however, every restaurant server MUST wear not only a mask but also a transparent acrylic shield! Else a $100 fine. But I thought, who would know?

EAE86547-FC85-4C1C-8E9B-E1CA4BA7FBB3.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Miss-terry!”

I thought, now I can’t see her eyes properly! Well, I thought, “I will fix it in post”! I thought to myself, hope for her she already has a boyfriend as dating like that must be a drag!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I noticed a two woman approaching. One I could see through a glass on the servers tray. She was holding her mask.

D94F10DB-9FE3-44CF-93C9-F57F10B6D64A.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Dissing the law!”
My wife asked me, “Where are the police when you need them!!”

Asher Kelman

Now the police came!

All the unmasked folk lingering around left, (including a fellow trying to pick up woman dining.... as he could see their faces!

DD9281D3-B65F-4058-AE1E-76C33BB682B6.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “The Stubborn Hostess”

The hostess wasn’t wearing a shield over her mask. (She simply didn’t want it on!)

$100 fine for being stubborn. I tried to tell the cop it was unreasonable and upset my wife in the process!

Well, at least in my neighborhood, police don’t simply shoot folk that break the law!

Asher

James Lemon

Now the police came!

All the unmasked folk lingering around left, (including a fellow trying to pick up woman dining.... as he could see their faces!

View attachment 5404

Asher Kelman: “The Stubborn Hostess”

The hostess wasn’t wearing a shield over her mask. (She simply didn’t want it on!)

$100 fine for being stubborn. I tried to tell the cop it was unreasonable and upset my wife in the process!

Well, at least in my neighborhood, police don’t simply shoot folk that break the law!

Asher

Its difficult to understand people mumbling through a mask,most irritating to say the least. And since this is California that explains everything.

Asher Kelman

This thread is to document what we can see with our eyes only. We are just viewing changes in behavior and new social expectations.

4BBAFB4C-8F43-4D28-A15B-AB08578C0A68.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Zinqué
“Masks Required for Entry”

Here one can see that they have created an outside “fresh air” dining space with a temporary wall erected to separate isolated diners from the general public.

Peopke here are very appreciative of the efforts everyone is taking. Here we trust the City Councils to do a good job, and largely they do just that!

The City Health Departments idea is that new customers cannot hang around with uncovered mouths, but first must be accommodated in an available assigned adequately separated table.

in many restaurants here, there are clear plastic separation panels between tables!

I am grateful we can dine and enjoy an evening with family and friends. But it is very weird not to be able to see the face of one's server. But we get to look more closely at the eyes!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Amazing Presidential Nomination acceptance speech without delegates or people!

831489A0-C620-4A92-8A62-EF677BE6734C.jpeg

I believe this is the strangest major work of Democracy, with an empty hall but hundreds of millions watching on their TV’s. The world has changed.

13CEDE51-13B2-489B-8F87-E2006B01FF4F.jpeg

When outside he and his wife Dr Joan Biden, greeted awaiting crowd wearing masks!

18860475-2E20-4D5D-BA8B-1B1435EE1780.jpeg
The first time in history!

The world has changed!

We are living in a dystopia with 1,000 people dying a day.

I am not judging anyone or taking sides, just observing what has changed in our great society!

Please add your own photographs of these changes!

Asher

James Lemon

Amazing Presidential Nomination acceptance speech without delegates or people!

I believe this is the strangest major work of Democracy, with an empty hall but hundreds of millions watching on their TV’s. The world has changed.

When outside he and his wife Dr Joan Biden, greeted awaiting crowd wearing masks!
The first time in history!

The world has changed!

We are living in a dystopia with 1,000 people dying a day.

I am not judging anyone or taking sides, just observing what has changed in our great society!

Please add your own photographs of these changes!

Asher

Amazing! I wonder if Joe has figured out who is running mate is yet ?

Asher Kelman

Look how deeply our lives have been changed! Here, from today’s Jerusalem Post!

CCEB472F-2ED7-46B7-9262-7EBB3F1FD1B2.jpeg

Photographer Not Stated: Beach in Israel
Used for Editorial Purposes Only

Asher Kelman

This thread is ONLY to document what we can see with our eyes. We are just viewing changes in behavior and new social expectations. Your contributions welcomed!’

Make a new thread for any other topics, comments thoughts or pictures.
Political remarks in this documentary thread will not be tolerated..

Jerome Marot

I Munich, the rules are quite similar to the ones in Beverly Hills: face masks are compulsory, restaurants have been authorized to use public space outside, etc... But I am not in Munich at present, so no pictures. I am in a rural area in the western part of France and, while the rules have recently been re-tightened, the population density is such that there is no much to show.

...except, that on my way to the backer this morning, I spotted this on the side of the tiny road I cycle to the baker. I suppose it was discarded from a car.

4D34FE09-885B-4D6D-B8D3-5960FE3ADAB1.jpeg

As there was a bin for rubbish not far, I moved that mask to where it belonged.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Great, Jérôme!

I like the picture! Again it shows our behavior: theirs and your own!

But what is a “Backer”?

Asher

Asher Kelman

One enters the park under the eyes of the staff by appointment only. Everyone has to wear a mask.

Then one can simply go with one’s family and picnic under a tree.

645E1BB9-1CB1-442C-A90A-60642F021EEB.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Free at Last!”

For the many without their own back yard, this must be an amazing escape. But I didn’t ask, how many get turned away!

Asher