• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Natural Light

James Lemon

DSC_7413_00001.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Much more alive and dimensional! The way to go. That window light is your collaborator but it changes all day and you have to revisit and learn to be close friends! Edward Weston waited for hours each day!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I love this, James. Really worthwhile!

What great series with amazing advances in exploiting the very nature of available light!

An example for all of us!

Asher

Asher Kelman

It’s hard for me to see differences as I am in San Francisco with out my monitor. Can you explain what you did differently?

James Lemon

It’s hard for me to see differences as I am in San Francisco with out my monitor. Can you explain what you did differently?

San Francisco... Wow I love that place!! Less contrast and saturation, theses lenses that I am using are bright across the whole frame very little light fall off, especially at small apertures.

Asher Kelman

San Francisco... Wow I love that place!! Less contrast and saturation,
We also have, at times, (like last night), Unusually low lying clouds in the evenings, behind which the sun can set privately!

......theses lenses that I am using are bright across the whole frame very little light fall off, especially at small apertures.
James,
Your picture still has more inherent drama on the light you chose.

4405039F-AE75-4E8D-BA6B-977F0F6ADAA1.jpeg
.​

Asher Kelman

James,

I rebuilt and entire kitchen wall just to get light you have here.

Waiting, waiting and watching, moving the composition in and out, is what I do.

I learned this from studying Edward Weston.

Sometimes he spent weeks with one delicately balanced shell for the right cloud to move in front of the sun.

As you can see it’s very rewarding.

Asher

James Lemon

James,

I rebuilt and entire kitchen wall just to get light you have here.

Waiting, waiting and watching, moving the composition in and out, is what I do.

I learned this from studying Edward Weston.

Sometimes he spent weeks with one delicately balanced shell for the right cloud to move in front of the sun.

As you can see it’s very rewarding.

Asher

Yes variety and change is good!