• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

First 2021 shooting at sea, in La Rochelle…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Temperature 8°C (46° Fahrenheit), wind 15-20 knots gusting to 37 knots... Cold!!!
Imagine you're standing on the hood of a car driving at 20 km/h on a dirt road with potholes every 3 meters… On these photos one cannot see the real height of the wave, not that were really high, but enough to feel like being on a shaker!

IMG_7127_1500px.jpg

Waiting for the catamaran Lagoon 55 (feet) to be ready with sails up and well set

IMG_7083-1500px.jpg

Shoot with the 300 mm to stay out of the field of the drome shooting the video

IMG_7087- 1500px.jpg

IMG_7093-1500px.jpg

Close enough to be able to shoot with the 35mm

162666613_2822856444619684_7221057664556612_n.jpg

I am not allowed to show more of the Lagoon 55 #1, I have to wait for the marketing team of the yard to give the green light...

About numbers…
One knot is 1,15078mile/hour so 37 knots is almost 43 miles/hour, but when the boat is sailing at 10 knots facing the wind, the real wind speed become 47 knots which is 54 mile/hour.
Try standing on the hood of your car driving at 54 Mph on a bumpy road... ;)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is crazy!

I can’t figure how you havectge strength and stamina to do this work!

Nicolas, I am amazed and worryfor you!

You are not a 23 year old Viking!

Ashef

nicolas claris

This is crazy!

I can’t figure how you havectge strength and stamina to do this work!

Nicolas, I am amazed and worryfor you!

You are not a 23 year old Viking!

Ashef
Don't worry, there is still strength and stamina left in the old Viking who is ready to challenge the 23 year olds... on his own (only! ;) ) playing field

Asher Kelman

1274FE2D-475B-4BC0-B056-EAD925B029A7.jpeg

Nicolas,

I hope you don’t mind me cropping to look at that very interesting set of sails more closely. The main sail is quite rectangular and there’s space for a an extra huge foresail (or is it a spinnaker?)!

Altogether it’s very handsome and must mean a lot of force is harnessed and it must have motorized winches as a crew couldn't change positions with such a grand cabin!

I love the bold and unique sail design from an esthetic point of view. What special characteristics does this have for a luxury cruising motor yacht, which this seems to be?

Asher

nicolas claris

Thank you Cem and Asher…

@Asher, sorry, I can't unveil the characteristics of the boat, it's too early!
The fore sail is named a "Code 0" somewhat in between a Genoa and a spinnaker.

nicolas claris

This wave, bigger than the others, completely submerged Romain and I as well as our cameras... After a quick but meticulous rinsing and drying of the gear, the shoot could continue...

_NCZ9675.jpg

Attachments

• _NCZ9675.jpg
    _NCZ9675.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Thank you Cem and Asher…

@Asher, sorry, I can't unveil the characteristics of the boat, it's too early!
The fore sail is named a "Code 0" somewhat in between a Genoa and a spinnaker.
Well this adaptable sail seems ideal for light winds. Perhaps the design for “Puff of Wind III”

I would omit or just “abstract” the cruising cabins!

Asher