• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Day Trip - Wake up and Drive - See Where we End Up

Robert Watcher

Anne and I decided to wake up early this morning, and just drive and explore new places as a Day Trip. All roads were in remote Rural Ontario, North of where we are living.

Fortunately from a photographic standpoint, it was storming - severe rain, thunder and lightning. A couple of miles into the drive, I pulled over and took this Sunrise. No sooner had we driven off and the whole sky clouded over.

All [ics taken with 600mm point of view

415EC5DB-CC46-422F-87E2-77051429C583.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

These work horses on a Mennonite farm, we huddled together in the middle of a field during the storm. The horse in behind appeared to be shy - its face always hidden behind the middle horse. When I could see that it wasnt going to move into a more favourable position, I waited until it popped its head up for this shot.

A little farther I spun around to takes pics of the different groups of sheep on a knoll. Once they noticed me, they all ran together and turned their backs to me.

7385F167-9D34-475D-A1FD-EA8306DA91D7.jpeg

EAF06822-62A4-4979-AA1C-D757D6A303C2.jpeg

Robert Watcher

Some flowing water pics that I processed when I returned home this afternoon:

These are taken with the little Olympus 14-42mm kit lens

6610AD78-3572-43EA-9236-24CB401274F5.jpeg

C9315B5D-0881-4378-9AE2-D39033F87215.jpeg

7B9047FE-7787-4A65-92EA-6919FE559EF4.jpeg

A0B72835-A285-4891-909C-2789F2FB9F6A.jpeg

So cool. Love horses. We don't have a lot of farms around where I live, so have to go by car about 45-60 minutes to find a horse or two. And believe it or not, never seen a real sheep in my life. They are so cute! Looks like you had a fabulous day out! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some flowing water pics that I processed when I returned home this afternoon:

These are taken with the little Olympus 14-42mm kit lens

7C6A88DF-5C7E-45AF-A79C-6BBD7BEB2FCA.jpeg

Robert,

So you are slow shutter milk-water fan! Well for sure it’s with great effect here!

I am split between wanting the sharp drops in the air versus blurring like this. This time you win!

But water falls for me are such a challenge as SO much can be excluded or included with justification!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Robert,

So you are slow shutter milk-water fan!

Not necessarily. I photographed this waterfall at four different shutter speed settings from stopping the action to different levels of blurring the action. I selected this effect in this case.