• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My wife and I went to look at the Aurora

Jim Olson

We couldn't see the colors but my camera did.
20220330200603_BV6A2681~2.JPG

The image was transferred to my phone and then enhanced before posting.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Where did you travel to and what was the timing?

Do you havecto leave the city lights and pollution to get this?

What sis you observe with your eyes?

Asher

Jim Olson

Where did you travel to and what was the timing?

Do you havecto leave the city lights and pollution to get this?

What sis you observe with your eyes?

Asher
As far as travel, we are so close to this beach, we just stop by from time to time. It is 10 min or less from our house. There is light pollution from a light on a pole for the boat ramp, but not many other light around.
ISO-6400
f/4
Exp time 5 sec
I had to just randomly get out of the car and take a shot and look for the colors.

Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Did you try Topaz for getting rid of noise from the use of such a high ISO?

Doea thr sky look anything like that to the eye, for example: “just much less intense”?

Asher

Jim Olson

Did you try Topaz for getting rid of noise from the use of such a high ISO?

Doea thr sky look anything like that to the eye, for example: “just much less intense”?

Asher
We could only see a little green glow but really wasn't sure until I took pictures.
I don't have Topaz, but I could try Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4. I'm still learning that but it has options for noise.

Jim

Last edited: