• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: “Curvaceous Life” #1

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have a fascination for the cylinder and tube as fundamental building blocks of most complex life forms as well as our transport and architectural designs.

Currently I am building 7 prototypes as part of a collection of freeform sinuous elements to adapt to any site-specific commission for art.

Asher Kelman: “Bernadette”
#1 of series of Curvaceous Lifeforms
Mirror Polished Stainless Steel
February 2020

This has not been ordered yet, but I will be building it shortly anyway. I need to feel it’s presence and learn more about it!
Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Your work in sculpture - and its relationship to photography, and life, and the forces of the universe -not to mention the various design and engineering and fabrication skills you have had to learn, and employ, in in many cases personally perform - is a fabulous journey. I am proud to know you.

I know that you and Bernadette will exchange much knowledge and wisdom.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

Your work in sculpture - and its relationship to photography, and life, and the forces of the universe -not to mention the various design and engineering and fabrication skills you have had to learn, and employ, in in many cases personally perform - is a fabulous journey. I am proud to know you.

I know that you and Bernadette will exchange much knowledge and wisdom.

Best regards,

Doug
Thanks,

It’s a thrill to be able to fantasize then actually export and idea and develop it to a real object with a “life”!

I have a great admiration for artisans, most of who are never recognized or celebrated.

But when you look at the Statue of Liberty, imagine the unnamed craftsmen and engineers who made it possible!

I just met an Uber driver who was a skin builder of giant Boeing planes. When he completed the plane, his name was forgotten like irrelevant dust blown away by the wind or a shop-floor broom sweeper!

Asher

Jerome Marot

I could not have said it better.

Asher Kelman

Jerome and Doug,

Thanks for your generous comments!

I feel blessed with the opportunity to express my ideas and exhibit.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Thanks,

It’s a thrill to be able to fantasize then actually export and idea and develop it to a real object with a “life”!

I have a great admiration for artisans, most of who are never recognized or celebrated.

But when you look at the Statue of Liberty, imagine the unnamed craftsmen and engineers who made it possible!

I just met an Uber driver who was a skin builder of giant Boeing planes. When he completed the plane, his name was forgotten like irrelevant dust blown away by the wind or a shop-floor broom sweeper!

Asher

Next time you are a passenger on one of these monsters and its about to land,

give a thought for this bloke.

His name is Phil Robinson and was responsible for the design and building of the undercarriage that gives such a comforting feeling as you hit tarmac so gently and gracefully.
Only once has he ever mentioned his achievements to me. We were wondering through the Manchester Museum of Tech and a model of said plane was on display. He casually mentioned that he had designed the undercarriage and no more was said.
No more needed to be said. It was lunchtime and we were both hungry.

Asher Kelman

It’s a pity the undercarriage doesn’t have his name! The stories of how creation works is both instructive and itself fascinating and to me a stimulus to the rest of us!

Actually, why aren’t their routine requirements for such stories to be part of basic education!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

“In the middle is the Gorgon Medusa, an enormous monster about whom snaky locks twist their hissing mouths; her eyes stare malevolently, and under the base of her chin the tail-ends of serpents have tied knots.” Virgil

so I see... Medusa comes forward again .... Beautiful Asher

Charlotte