• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

1 MP (man power)

Cem_Usakligil

Here's a very recent one from the never boring streets of Istanbul.

n23746-4.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cem,

Istanbul is such a magical place, a gateway to Europe, Black Sea Ports and the wisdom and treasures of Abrahamic beliefs and culture.

As Constantinople, this metropolis spanning the Bosporus, was the Paris of the world and center for warmth, architecture, power, diplomacy, religion and scientific prowess!

Your photography drills down past all the glory to the people who laugh, love, work suffer and carry the burdens.

Fortunately your eye is trained to value the humanity and ignore the biases.

FADF94A2-74C4-492C-9276-C56B56421179.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this valuable, simple yet powerful composition!

Asher

Cem! I'm so pleased to see you! It's been ages. I have truly missed your wonderful photographic works. I was just playing geogeussr yesterday and was in Turkey. Not in Istanbul but in Artvin. So very different from where I live. All the streets were cobblestone and the streets went up and down, up and down and it made me think of you being from Turkey.

As for your image, I wonder what he is transporting because it is certainly bulky, but surely cannot be something too heavy. It does give the impression there are electric cords sticking out!

So happy to see you, Cem and I hope you will be sharing more of your photography!

Cem_Usakligil

Cem! I'm so pleased to see you! It's been ages. I have truly missed your wonderful photographic works. I was just playing geogeussr yesterday and was in Turkey. Not in Istanbul but in Artvin. So very different from where I live. All the streets were cobblestone and the streets went up and down, up and down and it made me think of you being from Turkey.

As for your image, I wonder what he is transporting because it is certainly bulky, but surely cannot be something too heavy. It does give the impression there are electric cords sticking out!

So happy to see you, Cem and I hope you will be sharing more of your photography!
Actually it was very heavy since 3 other guys helped him on his way by initially pushing the load. :)

Ah! Since I couldn't see any other feet, I thought this was all done by this man. I can see that the hardest part is to get the wheels rolling! :)

So were you in Turkey visiting your family? Now that borders are opening?

Cem_Usakligil

Ah! Since I couldn't see any other feet, I thought this was all done by this man. I can see that the hardest part is to get the wheels rolling! :)

So were you in Turkey visiting your family? Now that borders are opening?
Yep, there is no other feet, he's pulling it himself. I said that they "initially" helped him get underway by pushing. ;)

Cem_Usakligil

Borders have always been open, it is just that the quarantine rules which one must follow change occasionally. I was on holiday, visiting friends and the city I was born and raised in.