• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Critique on “Nobility of Covid-19 Nurses”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The black cat!

Never ignore them!

Immediately I thought it was part of some wizard spell! Those black cats can be tricky. They are like assassins, loyalty is not one their most reliable features!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The black cat!

Never ignore them!

Immediately I thought it was part of some wizard spell! Those black cats can be tricky. They are like assassins, loyalty is not one their most reliable features!

Asher

Bullshit!
We had one for many years… Incredible good memories. He still is in our hearts.

Andy brown

Bullshit!
We had one for many years… Incredible good memories. He still is in our hearts.
Yep, I’m with you Nicolas.
as a kid I had a large number of pets (as an adult too it turns out).
My black cat Toby was just beautiful. Loyal, loving, humorous, ridiculous, and sweet as pie.
Of the dozens of pets I’ve had, he was dearly loved and extremely memorable.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Yep, I’m with you Nicolas.
as a kid I had a large number of pets (as an adult too it turns out).
My black cat Toby was just beautiful. Loyal, loving, humorous, ridiculous, and sweet as pie.
Of the dozens of pets I’ve had, he was dearly loved and extremely memorable.
Let's work against the conspiracy against black cats! ;)

Asher Kelman

Andy and Nicolas,

I am living in a box of paints, and there are wizards, witches and gremlins as well as grand frog of Frog Island. Black cats are the assistants of the witches, didn’t you know. Ask Charlotte!

1E057802-5199-48F5-89DB-C90E487C56B7.jpeg

Besides that, black cats crossing one’s path can bring a boatload of bad luck!

But in a plague, killing them only worsened the spread as the mice were now screwing their brains out and spreading the disease without any controls from their arch enemies, the cat!

Asher

James Lemon

As of today, there were 53 755 COVID deaths in the USA. Over a population of 328 millions, on can indeed argue that the number is small.

Obviously, we do not know how many death there would have been if the USA had not started containment measures about a month ago. We can estimate the number would have been around 200 000 and still growing by using a "computer model" but James objects the use of such models for epidemics (but apparently not for predictions of economic losses).

The fact is that we have a problem, an epidemic. The fact is also that a problem of this magnitude is bound to cause disruption, even if the magnitude of the problem is relatively small in the scheme of natural events. The question then becomes how to minimise the disruption, be it number of death or number of job losses, whatever. James would, apparently, have chosen another route but the elected representatives of all developed countries have chosen the route we all follow now.

So: sorry, James. Maybe you would have been right by choosing a different strategy or maybe not. We will simply never know. You were in a minority and the choice is behind us. Ultimately, this is how democracy works.

The death rate is a fact; anything beyond this is an inference.”
William Farr (1807 – 1883)

Dr. Michael Levitt and Sweden have been right all along. The only way through COVID-19 is by achieving the modest (10-20%) Herd Immunity Threshold required to have the virus snuff itself out. The sooner politicians—and the press—start talking about HIT and stop talking about new confirmed cases, the better off we will all be. Either way, it’s likely weeks, not months, before the data of new daily deaths will be so low that the press will have to find something new to scare everyone. It’s over.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/07/07/second-wave-not-even-close/

Jerome Marot

I have doubts about this article. When I check the sources cited therein, they do not match what the article writes about them or are from highly dubious publishers.

The site publishing the article, "OffGuardian" takes its name from the fact its founders had all been censored on and/or banned from the Guardian’s ‘Comment is Free’ sections.

James Lemon

I have doubts about this article. When I check the sources cited therein, they do not match what the article writes about them or are from highly dubious publishers.

The site publishing the article, "OffGuardian" takes its name from the fact its founders had all been censored on and/or banned from the Guardian’s ‘Comment is Free’ sections.

Regardless all viruses have a pattern and Dr. Levitt knows what he is talking about. I have been following his work and others since the beginning of this outbreak.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Regardless all viruses have a pattern and Dr. Levitt knows what he is talking about. I have been following his work and others since the beginning of this outbreak.
All nonsense, James!

The models of herd immunity we rely on are based on the evidence-based analysis of actual outbreaks, not alternative facts!

Sweden, Texas and Florida not the success story they had imagined in ignoring protocol, New Zealand is!

Asher

James Lemon

All nonsense, James!

The models of herd immunity we rely on are based on the evidence-based analysis of actual outbreaks, not alternative facts!

Sweden, Texas and Florida not the success story they had imagined in ignoring protocol, New Zealand is!

Asher
Deaths are what counts and the so called pandemic is over. It would be difficult to believe anything that the mainstream media is pushing with a straight face. The only nonsense is the government’s action and policies in this regard. They can't admit there blunders and will keep running the same old script to suit there own narrative regardless of facts.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Deaths are what counts and the so called pandemic is over. It would be difficult to believe anything that the mainstream media is pushing with a straight face. The only nonsense is the government’s action and policies in this regard. They can't admit there blunders and will keep running the same old script to suit there own narrative regardless of facts.
Except nothing you say lines up with the known facts!

Asher

James Lemon

Except nothing you say lines up with the known facts!

Asher

Maybe you should try telling us what facts that you are referring to."The death rate is a fact; anything beyond this is an inference.” However, mortality does not lie, it is not open to alternative explanations, something which bedevils observational data. Furthermore anything I have refereed to on this matter is a matter of fact. Lock downs did nothing except slow down the inevitable. This whole charade was based on bogus numbers. There is no vaccine and nor will there be one anytime soon.The peak of the deaths has passed and were driven by those with a limited life expectancy.

1 “An initial phase of slow, usually often undetectable, accumulation of new infections.

2 A second phase of rapid growth in cases of infection, disease, and death.

3 An eventual slowing of transmission due to a decreasing of susceptible in the population, leading typically to the termination of the first epidemic wave

Epidemiological theory indicates that the ongoing epidemic of SARS-CoV-2 will conform to this pattern [the three stages]”.

It peaks, goes down, and would be over, without any interventions.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Yes, and we have killed ofnearly 140,000 in the USA in the process of essentially ignoring it and add to that the excess deaths in the country likely doubles that as cancer, heart and hypertension patients don’t getcto the hospital in time.

It’s exactly the unfair earlier deaths that are The measure of the failure to do what New Zealand did. Or complicated for you if you dismiss the deaths as you do!

But one can not argue with a diehard contagonist and Believer in conspiracy theories and the artifact of right-wing defense of Trumpism by joining in a chorus of baseless claims against mainstream media, (such as CNN and MSN) being “fake news“.

James, my expertise includes Virology, Molecular Biology and Medicine. I deal with data, expertise, experience, disciplined self critical debate but I cannot compete, however, if you are getting information you rely on through your own alternative news sources, which obviously, (in your mind), “Trumps”evidence-based medicine!

I debate you only for the sake of rhetoric as I could sooner convince convince a rock to turn into a butterfly! I accept you as you are, that you are contrary and that’s that.
Asher

James Lemon

Yes, and we have killed ofnearly 140,000 in the USA in the process of essentially ignoring it and add to that the excess deaths in the country likely doubles that as cancer, heart and hypertension patients don’t getcto the hospital in time.

It’s exactly the unfair earlier deaths that are The measure of the failure to do what New Zealand did. Or complicated for you if you dismiss the deaths as you do!

But one can not argue with a diehard contagonist and Believer in conspiracy theories and the artifact of right-wing defense of Trumpism by joining in a chorus of baseless claims against mainstream media, (such as CNN and MSN) being “fake news“.

James, my expertise includes Virology, Molecular Biology and Medicine. I deal with data, expertise, experience, disciplined self critical debate but I cannot compete, however, if you are getting information you rely on through your own alternative news sources, which obviously, (in your mind), “Trumps”evidence-based medicine!

I debate you only for the sake of rhetoric as I could sooner convince convince a rock to turn into a butterfly! I accept you as you are, that you are contrary and that’s that.
Asher

No not conspiracy or baseless claims but "BIG Lies Matter" The world has changed Asher most folk don't rely on any main stream media . They are more interested in ratings and selling advertising space than responsible journalism.

Jerome Marot

No not conspiracy or baseless claims but "BIG Lies Matter" The world has changed Asher most folk don't rely on any main stream media . They are more interested in ratings and selling advertising space than responsible journalism.

While it is true that main stream media is not to be blindly trusted, some of the niche media is downright evil. My personal preference is to use common sense and double check the sources.

Asher Kelman

I do agree with you here, pretty much!

At last!

Thanks for finding a briDue!

Asher

Status
Not open for further replies.