• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

NSFW A Muse Visits: Kate in a Sheet!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One of the most delightful models, Kate always sports a genuine smile as she is happy to collaborate and puts her self fully into thr imagery.

BF0CE2FA-61E1-446D-8CB5-171DA4D150B3.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Afternoon California Light #1”

Asher

Asher Kelman

There is a kind of pictorialist effect to the picture. How did you create it?
Jérôme,

I am honored that you should consider my work pictorialist!

But you are correct although I never considered my work thus! Thank you.

BTW, for those not at all familiar with that term, from Wikipedia:

In 1948, S.D.Jouhar defined a Pictorial photograph as "mainly an aesthetic symbolic record of a scene plus the artist's personal comment and interpretation, capable of transmitting an emotional response to the mind of a receptive spectator. It should show originality, imagination, unity of purpose, a quality of repose, and have an infinite quality about it"[24]

For me, I try to rebalance the ranking of each element in the picture and distribute light to isolate and emphasize the spirit of the person at that moment as I reflect on her impact to me, then and now.

I exploit what effects her pose had on the directional light then gently intervene in multiple alterations to hopefully allow her presence to radiate into the space.

It’s very personal and you might guess I have a great affection for her. She’s married now and ended her modeling career, that started with me meeting her on a street corner and ended with a farewell lunch two years ago.

It’s kind of you to notice my efforts!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, Jérôme,

You might have altered my brain but here’s another of that shoot!

82724E61-6F90-454A-A78C-B81E559BEDE4.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Afternoon California Light #2”