• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Sharp-shinned Hawk was in my yard for at least 5 min today

Jim Olson

BV6A0296 (2) resized.jpg

BV6A0298 (2) resized.jpg

BV6A0329 (2) resized.jpg

BV6A0330 (2) resized.jpg

BV6A0331 (2) resized.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
That you got it in the rain is a plus. Interesting bird. The male is smaller than the female.

This is my very first view and it’s much appreciated!

Asher

Jim Olson

That you got it in the rain is a plus. Interesting bird. The male is smaller than the female.

This is my very first view and it’s much appreciated!

Asher
Yes, the rain was a plus & cool to see. Also this was the first one that I had seen. I just happen to have my camera & telephoto lens on because I saw a Flicker but it took off before I could get a shot.
Then I look out the front window about 15 min later & saw this hawk... I was so excited that I hung up on Will 😂 & started taking shots of it.
Jim