• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

AI to find Photos on a Drive?

ReneGR

I am looking for a catalogue software that can recognize things or people in photos and find them. I would like to search with text or with a similar image. It should at least do what Google Photos does online. I know that LR can search faces, but not something like "a bridge" or "an elephant".

Rene

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rene,

I have spent considerable effort on testing catalogs for photography collections that can sort efficiently.

1. Mylio is set up to sort by face recognition and it’s so good that it even does well with a person after learning g several examples as an adult, to recognize that person at a younger age.

It’s free to test it out, there’s great friendly personal support and it’s then $99/year.

Soon it will do objects too.

2. QNAP makes NAS & RAID systems. I have one working on ZFS an error checking system with cache on thr communication to your computer and NVME SSD lot hold their software.

Among their WNAP specific applications, there’s a very speedy Image and object recognition system AND a superb AI chip from Google to speed things up.

3. ACDSEE is true and tried and has the advantage that it’s fast recognizes faces AND one can rearrange the order of images manually for one’s own preferences, which can be especially useful in selecting pictures for a show, sharing or a client.

4. Lightroom: Not intuitive! I keep coming back to it but ACDSEE is kinder to the psyche!

Hope this helps,

Asher

ReneGR

I now tried Excire Search. It was not as convincing as I thought, but better than nothing, and a step beyond the metadata search of Lightroom. Maybe, I find it more useful after I learned a bit more. Currently, the Google Photo search finds specific content more easily. But I do not have all images uploaded, of course.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Why don’t you try Mylio for free and ACDSEE trial too.

These are first class and reliable and backed by teams that will answer your questions!!

Asher