• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

NSFW Alternative Process using Topaz for Figure Study

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I wanted to escape sometimes from the exatnbes of the camera but maintain the pose and posture.

Topaz Impression can be of assistance here. They have various filters that simulate smudges and movement and posterization.

Here the Topaz effect is blended back with the original.

feel freeYou are invited to comment and if you wish, add your own images!

Asher

James Lemon

The black smudges is on one of her teeth. Whats wrong with a plain white background ? It looks over processed to me and I am not a fan of topaz or any other program like silver exfex. They introduce too many halos, ghosting, or small defects.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

The black smudges is on one of her teeth. Whats wrong with a plain white background ? It looks over processed to me and I am not a fan of topaz or any other program like silver exfex. They introduce too many halos, ghosting, or small defects.

I actually like it a lot!

The halos and ghosting was exactly what I wanted. I might try it by hand with a slow shutter speed or else a fast rate of shots with her moving then I will overlay the pictures.

I did this with a simple small jpg converted from the out of camera RAW.

I like am in love with some hand held shots at slow shutter speed taken in an art exhibition following people!

I am happy with the general look, but will try to generate it again. The black tooth was a hidden part for me that you revealed. 🙏

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

And that's what matters!

Best regards,

Doug
Thanks Doug!

It’s the creative who has to validate his/her work! Whether or not other folk appreciate what’s fabulous about it is another matter!

These filters allow us to rapidly explore creative possibilities when the image the camera builds is far too pristine and sharply focused!

It’s helpful to hear from James that there is also a black mark on her teeth, so when I work on the actual full RAW I will make sure they doesn’t occur!

But then now I have better ideas for Engineering the look I like using several exposures designed for that effect in advance.

Asher