• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Avation (Globe Swifts fly-in) I love living next to the airport.

Jim Olson

I was talking to one of my neighbor's that flies a 1946 Globe Swift and he was telling me about the fly-in. Well it just happen to fall on the same weekend that I had taken off from work so I could be at our annual motorcycle club picnic which was going to be in the hanger of another neighbor and he also rides with us. It was great to have both at the same time happen this past weekend.

My bike and a few of the Globe Swifts.
BV6A5879 E0 C8 S8 crop STR -1.6.jpg

BV6A5595 E2 C13 S13 crop STR -2.8.jpg

BV6A5619 E13 C13 S13 crop STR -2.2_resized.jpg

BV6A5728 E8 C13 S13 crop STR -0.9_resized.jpg

BV6A5744 E13 C13 S13 crop_resized.jpg

BV6A5745 E13 C13 S13 crop_resized.jpg

BV6A5746 E13 C13 S13 crop_resized.jpg

BV6A5747 E13 C13 S13 crop_resized.jpg

BV6A5748 E13 C13 S13 crop_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

Great shots. Pretty sights of a joy of a veteran plane!

From the title I thought you were reporting on clouds of swifts swarming nest the airport.

But this little plane is new to me and such a treasured veteran small plane. A lot of them have really low flying hours. I wonder what the maintenance and repair upkeep is per year?

Also how challenging are they for beginners to fly?

Asher

Jim Olson

Jim,

Great shots. Pretty sights of a joy of a veteran plane!

From the title I thought you were reporting on clouds of swifts swarming nest the airport.

But this little plane is new to me and such a treasured veteran small plane. A lot of them have really low flying hours. I wonder what the maintenance and repair upkeep is per year?

Also how challenging are they for beginners to fly?

Asher
I'm sorry I can't give you much information on them this is my first experience with them but they are really nice planes