• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Awards and Honors in the past year for OPF Photographers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We are aware of some OPFers doing particularly well. Over the past year it came to my attention that a number of our members were recognized for their work. Let me know if you yourself or anyone else here are featured or awarded a place in a competition or featured in some speical way.

Rainer Viertlböck has had a very good 2007! He was one of the eight nominees for International Photographer of the Year.

Rainer%20Viertlboeck-lowres.jpg

Nominee 2007 Lucie Awards see here

The International Photography Awards 2007: Architecture: Interiors

67022254.jpg

3rd place - Highlight Towers Munich_Rainer Viertlböck, Gauting, Germany

and then to cap it all he was awarded IPA's "Professional Photographer of the Year: Special - Rainer Viertlböck"

VR_38743_5.jpg
VR_38743_1.jpg

Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bankok: Rainer Viertlböck, Gauting, Germany

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Recognition of honors and achievement

Tony Bonanno was featured in Rangefinder Magazine "Hooves and Dust" covering some of the very photographs that were shown in OPF. Tony Bonanno has impressed me from the first time I saw his pictures.

HoovesDust27.jpg

© Tony Bonanno

"Hooves and Dust" as soon a it appeared affected me as iconic of the American West. Incdentally, Tony has been a generous in sharing experience on the Canon pigment printers as he was one of the earliest adopters.

Karl Esser was Published in Magnachrome
Benjamin Kanarek Was a star photographer for Pentax showing the capability of the new Pentax K10D, now superceded by the K20D.

benjamin_kanarek_27.jpg
benjamin_kanarek_26.jpg

Credit © Benjamin Kanarek

He took exception to a major reviewer's opinion of the new Pentax DSLR here and became an instant Pentax champion! I hope Benjamin you are rewarded by seeing new success and maybe support from the angels themselves!

Steve Eastwood here Named already a featured Canon Photographer, “Explorer of Light” is now also “Printmaster” for Canon. Those massive prints at the Canon shows were his!

Click for larger image Credit- © Stephen Eastwood

Now we are so pleased that Nicolas Claris is featured Sinar Photographer for 2008. The story is announced here . The entire article will be online shortly!

This last achievement is particularly important to OPF since benefits will be availalbe to all of us. We'll regularly be updated with experience on this exciting Sinar Hy6 camera platform used in professional shoots. This is not just a weekend test. The ability to use a system of camera back and lenses in challenging situations is where one learns the most. Then taking these images to be printed for exhibits or in CMYK for books comes the real proof of quality. This is what Nicolas will be doing for us.

Last edited by a moderator: