• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

bad hair day

Andy brown

Just hangin' out with my buddy

Andy brown

Asher it's big, nearly 6 feet tall.
Peter they don't tend to bite but slash with their huge clawed feet.
I got chased by one (protecting its young one), I wasn't hanging about.
I also drew them close by imitating their drumming sound (from the throat), makes them curious but potentially aggressive. Us photographers will do anything.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I guess that’s an Emu, but I haven’t seen enough to sex it, LOL!

Asher

I wouldn’t advise having sex with one, Ash. It’s probably not illegal but it sure could be lethal.

I’ve met a few on the road. Clocked a flock just outside Yass one morning. They ran beside my car for a few km at just over 60km/h. Then the leader decided to cut in front of me. I clipped him with my rear bumper. All I saw through the rear view mirror was a flurry of feathers doing a pirouette in the middle of the road. We both survived but we both carry the scars.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It does seem that this birds have sky blue skin and feathers on their necks.

But the bg is diffusely Green.

So have you a reference for the true color?

Your first picture had the blue skin too where it was either bare or it’s feathers were thinned out!

So this is a very colorful bird!

Are the males and females different?

Asher