• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Been absent…. With COVID 19

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I apologize for vanishing. Unfortunately, despite 4 vaccine shots, some high dose of Covid-19 virus caught up with me.

Fortunately I have the up to date expertise of the Head of The Covid Unit at Sheba Medical Center looking after me.

But instead of being in a hospital, he sent radiology equipment, nurses and technicians to me and video conferenced to complete the exam.

Now I am on antivirals and meds to prevent blood clots and hope to be recovered in days!

Somewhere else I might have succumbed to a pulmonary embolus and it would be blamed on my age and relative unathletic condition!

B28FB116-B397-4600-9364-BEDC96F3ECFC.jpeg

I think the secret to success in life to you find the right service window when you need help!

Asher

Jerome Marot

I hate to admit it, but I tested positive to covid a month ago (in spite of 3 vaccines). I did not need much help or medicines, for me it was just a severe cold. I am just posting this to remind you that most people survive the disease.
Take care.

Asher Kelman

I hate to admit it, but I tested positive to covid a month ago (in spite of 3 vaccines). I did not need much help or medicines, for me it was just a severe cold. I am just posting this to remind you that most people survive the disease.
Take care.
Glad you recovered!

For sure thousands of great pollinating 🐝 🐝 🐝 could gave flown out of luck without your support!

But for some, Covid-19 is too much! One brother and one sister died very fast from Covid 19!

I myself am grateful that researchers now understand much better the pathophysiology
For example pulmonary embolism: can be prevented in those at greatest risk by daily injection of heparin small molecule derivatives!

The fact remains that I am recovering nicely from most severe illness and siblings died last year of the same disease!

This suggests that we learned in 18 months to treat Covid-19 whereas it took 15-20 years to reach this level of sophistication with HIV!

Asher

Robert Watcher

So sorry to hear that Asher. Glad you have come through relatively unscathed. It seems to be hard for some to realize that vaccines were never considered to be a means to stop you from getting COVID, but the hopes is that it reduces hospitalization and severity. I’m sure you are thankful that you had the 4 shots. Rest up and get well.

Ontario, Canada has just approved 4’th shot available for those 60 and over. Anne and I will have to wait a little while longer for the 5 months since the last shot (end of December 2021), but will head in as soon as we can. I’ve never taken a shot or a drug in my life, but I decided not to take any chance this time with COVID-19 - even if I do still catch this rampant variation hitting Canada hard or anything in the future.

Rob

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

So sorry to hear that Asher. Glad you have come through relatively unscathed. It seems to be hard for some to realize that vaccines were never considered to be a means to stop you from getting COVID, but the hopes is that it reduces hospitalization and severity. I’m sure you are thankful that you had the 4 shots. Rest up and get well.

Ontario, Canada has just approved 4’th shot available for those 60 and over. Anne and I will have to wait a little while longer for the 5 months since the last shot (end of December 2021), but will head in as soon as we can. I’ve never taken a shot or a drug in my life, but I decided not to take any chance this time with COVID-19 - even if I do still catch this rampant variation hitting Canada hard or anything in the future.

Rob
What is amazing, Robert, is how safe these mRNA vaccines are.

Not in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that mRNA could be stabilized against ubiquitous enzymes designed to tear it apart.

Thsts the brilliant breakthrough: stabilization in a lipid spherule!

This technology will revolutionize medicine and no doubt allow healing of so many diseases from arthritis and diabetes to cancers and psychiatric disorders.

Now we can deliver to the body genes to produce specific proteins!

In addition, the antivirals are miraculous too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Take care.
On reflection, unless you were tested for blood clotting breakdown products, like D-Dimers, you could have been skimming close to a major blood clot but naturally missed it!

A lot of older folk did mysteriously succumb after starting with a mild illness.

Asher

Asher Kelman

i appreciate the kind thoughts from you guys!

My wife has cabin fever, I admit. But I am enjoying the break in rushing here and there!

I have discovered patterns in the polished Jerusalem stone! I plan to take macro shots!

Yes, I only found out you had covid and only this morning that you were getting oxygen. I have to wait until May to get my 4th shot, but I will for sure! not taking any chances. So glad you are getting better! (((Asher)))

Asher Kelman

Come back strong, Asher. Your catalogue of works is not finished. Nowhere near.
Wow, great to hear from you! When I return to the USA, I have to start shooting film again! You are my conscience!

Hope you will add more of your true analog, slowly cooked, photography!

Asher