• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Blue Mason Bee, and my best annual visitor - the ruby-tailed wasp

Paul Iddon

This is a blue mason bee Osmia caerulescens - I'm pretty pleased to have 2 of them going in and out of the hole in the wall (a male and female I assume).

There's also a shot of my favourite wasp, an annual visitor to my garden walls, the ruby-tailed wasp.

mason_e_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_d_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_f_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_c_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

mason_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

ruby_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Paul Iddon

So that would increase the working distance and give huger magnification? For your Canon system, ideally what would you choose?

Asher

There are 2 sizes, x1.4 and a x2 magnification. Ideally one of Canon's own, but they are very expensive.

So I suppose something like the The Kenko Teleplus HD DGX 2.0 and the The Kenko 1.4x Teleplus HD DGX Teleconverter would be the next best. But even these are not in my budget with the current climate of spiralling prices - even at the 2nd price, they are still a luxury purchase I cannot stretch to.

Paul.